needing a replacement choke cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

needing a replacement choke cable

So, I snapped my choke cable, and I need a new one. can anyone suggest which one I should go for, and where to get it. I saw a few on Ebay but they didn't quite look the same as mine.

Does it look like item#12 in this link?

Shop online for OEM Handlebar parts that fit your 1980 Suzuki GS1000G, search all our OEM Parts or call at 386-740-2452
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

yeah, I've found a few online, but a lot don't have the threaded bottom piece and little round thing on the end

Comment

mine has the threaded end, is there an adapter or something if these dont?

Comment

The oem suzuki one should be 100% complete fit.... or take your pieces off and find a suzuki dealer to compare. Before disconnecting at carb end, take a pic of how it attaches
          1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

tom203, I need one that looks like item#12. Why does it say "starter cable"?

Comment

I am missing somethings here? What year and model are you asking about? Is it the 80 Gs1000 listed in your bio?

Comment

Originally posted by Low View Post
                tom203, I need one that looks like item#12. Why does it say "starter cable"?
                Well, it's used to start it! And besides, it's not a "choke " , it's an enrichment system
                1981 gs650L

Comment

Yes, it does!

Comment

I may have to just buy one and see.

Comment

What did you find out shameless? I have the same problem. I ordered one online and it didn't have the threaded piece with the nut on it. My original cable isn't broke, but it won't budge when I pull on it.

Comment

Yes, a 1980 GS1000G shaft drive.

Comment

I replaced my starter cable two months ago:

Note: mine is not a pull-out "button" but is a left-hand thumb lever.

Edit: is this what you're looking for? https://www.ebay.com/i/251931652268?chn=ps
                          Last edited by kerrfunk; 05-16-2018, 09:37 AM.
                          "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

I have a good used one
                            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
                            X