Spoke wheels for 82 gs650e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoke wheels for 82 gs650e

I am sure you guys have heard this question before but i cannot find a solid answer for it. I am building my 82 GS650e and want to put spoke wheels on it. This is my first build and am fairly new to this. Any information on spoke wheels that would fit fairly easy or am I looking at having to spend some serious money in order to get spoke wheels? Any information helps.

Thanks

Assuming its an E with chain drive - easy

GS1000C alloy rims (slightly more expensive/rarer) or GS750 steel rims are, more or less, a straight bolt in - should be done for less than $300

If you want fatter rims - gets expensive
    78 GS1000C- Now sporting 1100E suspension and numerous goodies
    82 GS750E/82 1100E/ GSXR Frankenstein bike completed
    83 1100E "rescue bike" saved from the barn
    2008 Bking - Torque Torque Torque
    Next project slowly coalescing

Comment

"should be done for less than $300" Dam, over here you cant even buy a rear hub for 300.

Comment

Originally posted by bsharpish View Post
        Assuming its an E with chain drive - easy

GS1000C alloy rims (slightly more expensive/rarer) or GS750 steel rims are, more or less, a straight bolt in - should be done for less than $300

If you want fatter rims - gets expensive

Does it matter what year the gs750? I found a set of 79 gs750 spoke steel rims would those work? Also another quick question any recommendations on a chain and sprocket set was looking at this Volar set wasn't to sure about it. Like I said any help is really appricated.
        Last edited by Guest; 05-26-2017, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Head over to Z1Enterprises for chain and sprockets.
          They can provide info on the 530 conversion.
          Welcome to the site.
          Place your 4 cylinder GS engine, drivetrain or clutch related questions in this forum.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by lbrod126 View Post
            Does it matter what year the gs750? I found a set of 79 gs750 spoke steel rims would those work?
            It can be made to work, but it's not always a straight swap, the GS750 used
            different offset rear caliper holders and axle spacers on some models ,
            but it should be an easy job.

Front wheel is a straight swap i think.
            Last edited by Rijko; 05-26-2017, 07:27 AM.
            Rijk

Top 10 Newbie Mistakes thread

CV Carb rebuild tutorial
            VM Carb rebuild tutorial
            Bikecliff's website
            The Stator Papers

"The thing about freedom - it's never free"

Comment

awesome thanks for the info. Also another quick question has anyone done an engine rebuild on here? In the process of tearing it down and wanted to know how difficult of a process this is. From what I am looking at it seems pretty simple but you never know. I also started cleaning the carbs and noticed one of my float posts its cracked off from where the pin goes in on the #1 carb. I have been seeing most people say Jbweld to fix it but I am not trying to do a temporary fix. I would rather it done right than half ass any suggestions?

Comment

Do a search for Chuck78. He redid a 650 engine a couple years ago.
                You will get a lot more responses for your questions if you post them in the proper section.
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                X