Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guy with a basketcase GS450

Hello everybody,

I'm new around here and new to the old Zuks. I recently acquired an '82 GS450L from a friend of mine. It's extremely rough, and has missing/non-original parts. I'll probably be around quite a bit looking for parts and repair procedures. I'll post up a project thread for it later. My general plan is to get it running and roadworthy as cheaply as is possible/safe. Maybe I'll fix it up eventually.....

Thanks for having me,
    Jake

PS - I'll figure out to post pictures here later

Welcome to the nuthouse.

Click HERE to visit the library, where you will find just about anything for your bike.

There is even a section there in the left column on how to post pictures.

You are already ahead of at least 98% of other newbies, though. You already have your location and a signature that mentions your bike(s).

You are not that far from me, come on over to visit some time, or just wait until July, there will be a BUNCH of us in your town for a picnic lunch.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Welcome to GSR.

In general, for posting pics; they need to be hosted on some other photo site like photobucket. Then copy what ius called the "IMG code" and paste into your posting.

And we do need to see pics of the bike before can give accurate advice. Yah, need to see if bike is black or red before can discuss the charging system.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys! I've been really busy with life stuff, I guess I need to dust off my photobucket account. I've been on plenty of forums, but new to motorcycles still. I've been poking around when I get a couple spare minutes though.

Steve, I'll have to take you up on your offer after I get the GS running. My wife and I will be looking for day trips to take the bikes out.

Redman, I was told that the bike already has the Honda regulator swap done on it. Just got a battery today, and I'm slowly chipping away at the carb rebuild, so we'll see if it works soon-ish.

It's currently mostly black with the crappy spray paint falling off showing fire engine red underneath. What does that tell you about the charging system?

-Jake

Comment

Working...
        X