Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Norway!

Hi everybody!

Picked up a -82 GSX400E in Sweden during the easter. Got the bike cheap due to some wiring issues.
    Found a bad connection on the main (only) fuse, and now it's running!
    Got the bike controlled and approved, so now it's registered and road legal

The plan is to build a street tracker (hipster moped), but due to strickt rules regarding customising bikes in Norway, this will be a long term project since I have to get a pre-approval before cutting the frame etc.

Think I will use this forum frequantly when I get to work

Andreas
    Attached Files

Welcome to the forum Andreas. I don't know how you guys live with the customizing restrictions over there, we don't even need an annual inspection in Minnesota!
    -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Welcome, cool looking bike. They look like mini 1100e bikes to me and must be hoot for in town riding.
      Good luck. Nice that it was an easy fix.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Welcome Andreas,

I do like your style of bike. Its like a mini Glen (Dorkburger) bike. lol

At least you have to get permission/go through process before you cut the frame. Americans would have a FIT/get angry if they couldn't saw their bikes.

Moar pics would be appreciated!

Ed
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Hi, Abelgum...indeed it's none of my business, it'd be a shame to chop that bike up...I'd probably change accessories around ie: put the stowage lower onto those pannier racks, if they're decent etc. because they are a great little pony...

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
            Hi, Abelgum...indeed it's none of my business, it'd be a shame to chop that bike up...I'd probably change accessories around ie: put the stowage lower onto those pannier racks, if they're decent etc. because they are a great little pony...

Just what in the name of pretense is VanIsle?
            Really? Vaccouver is an Island not a wee itty bitty new age nonsense on either.
            1983 GS 550 LD
            2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Re: Hello from Norway!

Hi guys!
              Thanks for the feedback
              The racks (with cases) have been given away to a fellow countryman since he had a need for them. The windshield will be put up on the garage wall as a decoration. Maybe with the headlamp wired up..
              Since I have a DL650 for trips and commuting and a GSX-R600 for trackdays, the 400E will only be used for small trips around town.
              I am afraid the bike looks nicer in pictures then in real life, so in my opinion it's a perfect object for som custumising.

Since the pre approval can take up to 6 months, I am happy with just riding it as it appears now, with the ugliest bits taken off

IMG_0646.jpg

Comment

You took the windshield and storage unit off...it's an improvement since I'm the type of rider that likes less accessories/accoutrements.

Bike looks great! Spend some time polishing her up if you don't believe she is clean.

Ed
                GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Hey,Abelgum! looking better already! Absolutely! ...you do whatever you like! I'm just hoping you'll not do anything you can't reverse is all...it's just me..I have a couple of '81 400s myself..As the cheesy chrome rusts off, I certainly do slap the black paint on! Just not before it's time.

Comment

A653D3D2-406C-4B7B-92D8-0D0C0DA353E3.jpg
                    Just i quick update!
                    This is the current state of the bike.
                    Finished frame modification, wheels are sent off to powder coating. Considering powder coating the frame as well.

Comment

That's awesome! Thanks for the update.

Ed
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

5850412A-E5DE-4DEC-9EC7-C3E13E94E5FD.jpgFor some reason the picture is tilted 90 degrees. However, this is the headlight I think I will go for.
                        It’s a 4 inch bates style that is e-marked. Made a bracket that is mounted to the lower triple.

Comment

6F4B9261-7C00-482A-BBEC-438A2BD2F499.jpgQuick mock-up with the z500 fuel tank I intend to use..

Comment

Ser bra ut! Stå på

(Looks good!)

Comment

C434B5E5-21EB-431D-9092-F393CAA5B160.jpg
                              Got the rims back from powdercoating.
                              Colourcode is RAL7015.

Comment

Working...
                              X