Help finding a petcock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help finding a petcock

My 1981 GS 450e is in need of a new petcock. I have searched high and low for a replacement but cannot seem to find one. Every petcock out there except for the e model. OEM is almost $100 but it's looking like that may be my only option. Does anybody know what I Should be looking for?

How far apart are your mounting holes for it? Z1 Enterprises sells a couple that are pretty good
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

It's 50mm.

Comment

Center to center is 44mm
        outside to outside of mounting holes is 50mm

Z1 has nothing to fit the ex model. Only the ed model. I suppose the d is for a different year.

Comment

Tis guy has them. He sells another one with less reserve capacity for less moolah

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I've bought from George before. Good stuff and good prices.......
            Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
            1983 GS 750

Comment

I've bought from G also and just did this past week for my sons 700ES, but please note that these are after market K&L petcocks, not OEM. This is why the price is cheaper. I've had problems getting the rebuild kits from K&L to work right, but have not had any issue with one of their petcocks so far.
              GSRick
              No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
              Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

I have one off a 1982 Euro GSX400E complete with new gaskets if it fits. Part 4430045372 for my model.

I did not rebuild it but turns freely. Check part number, I can post a picture later this weekend.

Comment

Mine measures less than 50mm mounting holes.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Yours looks to be what he is saying, 44mm at center to center and 50mm outer edge to outer edge of the mounting holes, but it is really hard to be sure with the way your rule is positioned. Put to corner of the rule 0mm at the outer edge of the left hole and see where the right side measures. I think it will be 50mm.
                    GSRick
                    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

This one from Z1 will work just fine and is the one I have in both of my 550s

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

This one from Z1 will work just fine and is the one I have in both of my 550s

https://www.z1enterprises.com/petcoc...um-suzuki.html
                        I believe the fuel outlet faces the wrong way for the 1981 450E.......the tap is quite far back on the tank and using that one might require some funky fiddling with the fuel line being so close to the frame...It can be done, (I have on my Canadian 400E) but it's not pleasing.

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                          Yours looks to be what he is saying, 44mm at center to center and 50mm outer edge to outer edge of the mounting holes, but it is really hard to be sure with the way your rule is positioned. Put to corner of the rule 0mm at the outer edge of the left hole and see where the right side measures. I think it will be 50mm.
                          I needed a extra hand to do that. Wasn't available.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                            I believe the fuel outlet faces the wrong way for the 1981 450E.......the tap is quite far back on the tank and using that one might require some funky fiddling with the fuel line being so close to the frame...It can be done, (I have on my Canadian 400E) but it's not pleasing.
                            Might be as the part numbers are different. This one came off a Canadian model 400E also.

Comment

Another picture from the top as it would be on the motorcycle.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X