unfortunately no more GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unfortunately no more GS

Well I hate to say it but, I no longer have a GS. I have posted my old parts bike for sale in the parts section. Honestly I just got told by the wife to get rid of it. She didn't like it, I always asked why. I.........traded it, man that hurt to say, for a newer bike. I know it's sacrilege, but I got a 2012 Kawasaki Ninja Z1000. Sorry for not posting it for sale here but after being hit twice and putting the money into it to make it whole again and again, I was happy to get what I did. Keep in mind after the second time getting hit I could never get it to run right again, and it kept spewing oil from everywhere. My wife decided to forgo the headache of a rebuild and said I could get a new one. The dealer I was talking to actually bought it from me personally instead of the dealership, He said he would love to get it going and that he used to have one, so I know it will at least get the love and care it needs. Anyways message me if your interested in the parts listing. Any way here is the new one hat me if you want to

new bike.jpg

I think your wife is wise. She probably prefers having you around, rather than wrenching in the garage for hours on end.

Nothing wrong with owning a new motorcycle and still hanging around the GSR. I'm sure there is plenty going on that you'd like to keep abreast of.

Congrats on the new ride. Enjoy the everloving heck out of it.
    '83 GS650G
    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

The Z1000 is a nice bike, just don't get a reason to remove any fairing. If you got hit on the same bike twice, I'd say, "there's your sign", at least your wife saw the sign. lol
      GSRick
      No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
      Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Living in Galesburg, you have the same limited riding season I do. If you can spend more of that limited time enjoying a bike rather than sweating over one, good for you.

We could (but we won't) conjure up an impromptu poll of how many die-hard members here own at least one late-model bike in addition to the GS -- or instead of. One to ride, and one to tinker with. Or several to tinker with, but at least ONE that's going to start, run and return the rider back home on its own power.

(I'll be down that way Sept. 4 - 9!)
        and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
        __________________________________________________ ______________________
        2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Originally posted by robertbarr View Post
          Living in Galesburg
          My Niece just stopped by. She graduated from Knox a couple years ago.

I dumped a junky boat for a newer one. Best boating decision ever. Never looked back.

Your new Kawi is sweet !
          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I wouldn't be too upset. Many wives would prefer their husbands sell their bike and put the money elsewhere, not buy a newer bike.
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Yeah no kidding, I was just as surprised to hear her say "You know you could just get a new one and get rid of all the other stuff." My jaw was probably sitting at my knees at that point. I test rode a lot of bikes and different styles to. Everything from sport bikes to dual sports to the massive Honda Goldwing, again I state MASSIVE! It took along time for me to decide on what type of bike to get. In the end I decided I wanted something that kind of sat the way the old girl did, as well as had the same if not more power and quickness. I went to Brenny's in Bettendorf Iowa, test rode a couple other bikes I saw on their web site and finally made a decision on the type. I wanted a bike that was at least a liter bike, fuel injected, liquid cooled (for those of you who live in railroad towns, I was tired of shutting the bike off at every train and stop light so it wouldn't overheat), and as always an inline four cylinder. Got to deal with John Brenny himself. After talking to him for a while and reviewing my budget he steered me towards my current ride. The 2012 kawi only had 3600 miles on it and was in like new condition, and a one owner to boot. John was also a nice and stand up guy, even agreed to take off the weird saddle bags that come on it. The previous owner just happened to be there to drop of the factory side grab rails and owners manual, I got introduced to him and told to ask any question I could possibly think to ask seeing as it was his old bike. He said he decided he didn't have time to ride it and the dealership bought it straight up from him. He told me that he was going to school to be a state cop and decided, after getting married and having another baby on the way, the best thing for the family was to get a truck or a van. He had all the service records and when John stepped away he told me he had the computer flashed by a bike tuner somewhere out west to match the zx10. Ill say that weather true or not, this young vivacious girl is no slouch. I plan on putting about another 4-5K mile on her before the season is over this year. Also want to plan on either going to daytona beach or sturgis next year. To conclude this rather lengthy report I will just say the weather is great, the sun is hot, and I gotta ride. Everyone be safe out there.

Comment

Nothing at all wrong with the Z1000. Congrats and enjoy it.
                Current Bikes:
                2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Working...
                X