What coils are these?...green but no markings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What coils are these?...green but no markings

New toy tear down...and found these. What are they?...and yes, I know they're coils...what brand?
    1000 aftermarket coils 001.jpg

I'm thinking dyna with the color...but shouldn't they be marked?

Here's the pick up plate....looks aftermarket, compared to my 850g's.
    1000 aftermarket coils 003.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS850GBob View Post
      New toy tear down...and found these. What are they?...and yes, I know they're coils...what brand?
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]51230[/ATTACH]

I'm thinking dyna with the color...but shouldn't they be marked?
      If they dont say "dyna" on them they are probably a chinese knock off, I have seen them around. AFAIK anyway.
      The pick up plate looks stock to me.

Comment

coil 001.jpg

...here's the other side
        Last edited by Guest; 05-29-2017, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Yes,

I recall something similar pop up around the time I was putting Dyna coils on my 650. Ran across them on EBay, as well on another web store whose name I can't remember. There was something fishy about the quoted resistances and output that put me off.
          '83 GS650G
          '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS850GBob View Post
            Here's the pick up plate....looks aftermarket, compared to my 850g's.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]51231[/ATTACH]
            it appears to be a pickup plate off a 650 shafty.. halfmoon cutout is to clear the oil sender
            1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

They came with the bike, so, so long as they work....
              ....so, I have chinese knock offs on my japanese motorcycle..........should work in theory since they're on the same team......works for HD....{awh crap!}

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
                it appears to be a pickup plate off a 650 shafty.. halfmoon cutout is to clear the oil sender
                Good thing to know...it looked different than I remember seeing on my 850g....
                ...once again though, so long as it works.....
                Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                  Yes,

I recall something similar pop up around the time I was putting Dyna coils on my 650. Ran across them on EBay, as well on another web store whose name I can't remember. There was something fishy about the quoted resistances and output that put me off.
                  Thanks for the input

Comment

Working...
                  X