Many Moons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many Moons

Been a 78 GS 1000(no e) driver since the mid 80s, found this site sometime in late 90s I think, used to come here quite often. Reading the stator papers for the first time was like a breath of fresh air.....
    Anyway it's been forever since I looked in, a client brought a 1100 with charging issues, so I came back to refresh my (failing) memory.

It's great to see Gsr still here and full of people still passionate about these beasts. It's kind of amusing that the names might change but the problems remain the same.

There also seems to be a lot more folks from overseas, I think that's awesome. Stupid question-are British foot pedals reversed?

Anyway I'm getting too old for this game. Failing making a trike or finding old school outriggers, the bike is too large-not for riding, but low speed and I'm starting to lose balance. Don't know yet it needs valve seals and new skins.

In the meantime I'm going through the stuff I've collected over the years, I'm planning on listing over the next few weeks to see if there's any interest.

Anyway I'm glad to see the gsr still here, vibrant and full of GS people.

Adam

Welcome back. Awfully good of you to think of the collective hive with parts...Hopefully you're not an internet nut job with desires to rip us off. I joke.....sort of.
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

+1 on the welcome back.
      And, in answer to your question about low speed stability.....what's your thoughts on a hack set up? {side car}

Comment

Oh, and yes, on some Uk cycles...older I think...they are reversed.

Comment

Thanks Bob and Rob, can't sat that I'm not a nut job, can anyone on these bikes? Don't really have a whole lot of stuff but I want it to go to folks who can appreciate the goodies. I' m certainly not a profesional seller. I'll try to get a list posted soon to judge interest, as things stand now pictures will be an issue.
          All three wheelers push in some manner, were hacks ever made for the GS series? Never seen one. Old school outrigger with a little dihedral, don't want hydraulic over computer. Used to see that on older gold wings.
          Years ago a friend had an AMF Harley, I think a shovel, with reversed controls, damn near killed myself, reflexes all wrong.
          Thanks again, I'll get something up soon.,

Comment

We have a guy here in central Florida(Pete's Choppers) that makes a set up that lowers a small wheel down on each side at the push of a button. He designed it for Goldwings and the big touring H-Ds, but it could be adapted to just about anything. Only problem is it's ridiculously expensive @ $3,500.
            GSRick
            No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
            Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenman227 View Post
              .........were hacks ever made for the GS series? Never seen one.
              Side cars are made for anything - it's the attachment gear that makes it possible for any bike...and yes, they do GS's.

Comment

You are quite correct-ridiculously expensive. Paid 400 for the 1000 as a basket case 30 years ago, fixed income now, but thanks.

Comment

OK I'll do some digging here, see if anything turns up. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X