Comment

on the side stand

044.jpg

Comment

full on after puck install lean

043.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
          It shicks me how a lot of guys wil slam their bikes onto the side stand
          I carefully shut down and make sure I am in low gear.
          roll as far as possible in the direction the bike wants to roll
          then gingerly set the bike onto the stand.

no bends
          no roll offs
          I wish the PO(s) would have done that lol

Comment

I have the exact opposite problem on my '80 1100e semi-dragbike. The forks have been dropped about an inch and strapped a couple more, on the stand a gust of wind could blow it over to the right, and the side stand has already had some amount cut out of it. However the stand has been relocated about 6" forward to clear the air shifter. I am going to shorten the stand more tomorrow....
            sigpic
            09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
            1983 GS1100e
            82\83 1100e Frankenbike
            1980 GS1260
            Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

I only use the side stand long enough to get the bike on the center stand, I like a stable platform to load stuff on.
              Gustov
              80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
              81 GS 1000 G
              79 GS 850 G
              81 GS 850 L
              83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
              80 GS 550 L
              86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
              2002 Honda 919
              2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Falcon View Post
                Ok... so I found out they don't sell single hockey pucks here in Florida.. oh well. Cost me as much to get a dozen as it did to get 3 so now I have a dozen hockey pucks, 3 of which are my prototype kick stand pads. I am going to cut them down at work tonight and smooth the edges and will install and have pics up tomorrow (6/2/2017). If your 850 is like mine...it looks like it is on the verge of tipping over when you put it on the side stand. The hockey puck adds a rigid non-slip inch to the lean. HUGE difference in the lean on the kick/side stand. I am also carving out some rubber round stops for the stand kick arm as well. If you are looking to do this yourself. They 850 measurements for the stopper are 25mm round (about an inch) 20mm tall and the hole in the middle is 9mm. The puck you can cut down to any size you want as long as it is slightly larger than the stand foot. I am using 2 socket cap bolts, lock washer, washers and a nylon lock nut (all SS) recessed into the puck. Since I am going to have some left overs, if anyone would want one, few bucks and pay shipping and I will send you one. I need to get a cost on the hardware. If not, I will post a tutorial of how I did it. The puck is great, you could even carve out a little of the top of the puck to rest the foot on if you don't want to permanently mount it...but then you are spending 5 minutes getting the puck in place with your foot lol.
                Aaaahhhh....it is always good to see the inventive mind of the motorcyclist at work.

I liked the idea when I first encountered it a few years ago and, in fact, I actually have a parking puck and have been considering attaching it to the stand on my GSX1250FA.

I have not seen them in bike stores, but ( the truth is that I have not looked for them) mine was given to me a couple of years ago as a bonus when I signed onto a magazine subscription while at a Toronto motorcycle show.

They are commercially available.:

Review of the Parking Puck side stand assistance for motorcycles.
                "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post
                  Aaaahhhh....it is always good to see the inventive mind of the motorcyclist at work.

I liked the idea when I first encountered it a few years ago and, in fact, I actually have a parking puck and have been considering attaching it to the stand on my GSX1250FA.

I have not seen them in bike stores, but ( the truth is that I have not looked for them) mine was given to me a couple of years ago as a bonus when I signed onto a magazine subscription while at a Toronto motorcycle show.

They are commercially available.:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r4/parking-puck/

I could make that one with a router bit, thought about... uh excuse me "aboot" doing it myself. I have been known to speak Canadian from time to time. lol

Comment

Working...
                  X