clock case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clock case

hi the clock case (speedo and rev counter) are scratched does anyone know if there is anything that can be used to fill the scratches and is there anything that i can paint the cases with , bearing in mind i dont want it to look a bodge thanks in advance Andy

Andy...what bike is it for?
    Some meter covers are still available brand new...some aren't. Those have nice crisp lettering and go for $70ish US. Given your currency the shipping would round out to be a little more than that. Not sure how much the Queen's Mail would hit you for the shipping...and you'd probably have VAT to pay as well....ok. so more money then.
    There's the fact that "that" plastic, like the side covers, is hard to get anything to bond to it. If it did bond, I'd question how long it's stay.
    How about a search on ebay/uk to see if there's abetter one in your neck of the woods?.....maybe a pic to see just how bad it is....

Comment

thanks for the reply Bob ive done as you sugested and bought another set of clocks so i will see what they are like when they arrive

Comment

Some models have pod assemblies that have twin glass front meters inside a case....the case is the surround and open for said gauges.
        Some pod assemblies have built in meters built inside the pod and the case has a plastic covering over the meter faces.
        If your version has the separate meters, keep them as back ups and maybe to tinker around with...as in opening one up.

I've used 3000 grit and polish to clean up haze on the plastic covered version I have as a spare - 550L version because I liked the style and it was cheap.........normally '80 G cycles gauges...sorry, meters to you....have glass fronts and are separate units in the pod/cover.

Can you post a pic of what ya got?

Comment

Working...
        X