No announcement yet.

Storm's Summer Motorcycle Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOT HOT HOT! Anyone look at the weather conditions in Phoenix Arizona? It's supposed to be 120° for the next few days! 120° is to hot for this Ohio boy. I'm going to change my route plans to; going back to Las Cruces then taking rt25 north to Albuquerque, then Colorado. It really bums me out that I couldn't check the northern part of Arizona, it's beautiful out here! But Colorado isn't to bad eather... 🌞
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

It *might* hit 120 on Tuesday, but before and after that, it'll be a nice, mild 118. I'm from Ohio, too. I don't love the heat, but I don't miss the snow.

Albuquerque will be in the triple digits, too.
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

The wife and I were just looking at a map trying to decide where to ride tomorrow. Storm, let's meet up for ice cream or something.

I'll bet you could use a load of laundry washed by now. Mi casa es su casa! You've got my number. Gonna hit the sack now but I'm usually up by 5:30
        Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Northern AZ is much higher elevation and much cooler!!!! But Colorado is amazing, too!!!
          '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
          '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
          '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
          '79 GS425stock
          PROJECTS:
          '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
          '77 GS550 740cc major mods
          '77 GS400 489cc racer build
          '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
          '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

Why not run through Four corners instead as the highway through there is pretty nice?
            sigpic
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I had a wonderful time with my cousin's in Bisbee. We didn't spend to much time in downtown Bisbee. It was "Gay Pride" weekend. I gess it gets pretty crazy... I checked out the old copper mine. Very interesting, a lot of toxic waste going on there... Today was the hardest day riding so far. I made it through the Border Patrol okay. Just gave them a little wave and they did the same. However the check point coming out of Las Cruces, I couldn't figure out why the dog was sniffing my ankle!(haha). It was a hard day riding with the heat (close to 100°) and the wind. The air was very turbulent and I came the closest to running out of gas. By the time I got to Albuquerque, I was beat. I did get some dinner and drinks at "Twin Peaks" if you've never been there, GO! I'm getting up early to meet up with my brother in Trinidad Colorado. He has a cabin up in the mountains somewhere... Oh, the motorcycle is a real trooper. It just motors up the road. Also the compliments it gets... some good people you meet on the road.
              Attached Files
              My Motorcycles:
              79 1000e (all original)
              82 850g (all original)

Comment

I heard about "Twin Peaks". Nice waitresses in that place.

Ed
                GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Yes it is; to me it's in a better class than Hooters course you could also stop in at the "Library"
                  sigpic
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

OK, Norm, have you tried the air conditioner yet? You have certainly had the opportunity.

sigpic
                    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                      OK, Norm, have you tried the air conditioner yet? You have certainly had the opportunity.

Yeah, I definitely did the shirt soak down a few times. The only problem is the water evaporates so fast. I don't have a "wind breaker" jacket. Just my cotton jean jacket. I keep a water bottle in the pouch on my saddle bag. I can give myself a soak on the fly. I hope I'll be out of this intense heat for the rest of my trip. The next couple of days I'll be riding in the Rocky Mountains. 👍
                      My Motorcycles:
                      79 1000e (all original)
                      82 850g (all original)

Comment

I'm back on the grid now. After spending last night at my brothers cabin, alone, no Internet connection, no nothing! Today, I thought this is going to be great. I have all day to ride the RockyMountains. It started out great. Twisty mountain roads. I had the motorcycle up to 10,000 above sea level. Then I must of went to far west. Nothing but loooong straight roads. I'd go through a couple of passes and that was fun. But then another 60 miles of nothing. I was supposed to meet my brother and his wife and kids at Carrabas restaurant at 5:00. I made it there right at 5:00 but the wrong one! I had to ride up Rt25 in rush hour not sure where to go. I was hot, tired, the motorcycle was hot and tired! It was horrible. Tomorrow I'm leaving Colorado Springs early. I'm going up to Denver for a bit. Then I'm going to start heading back home. Here's a picture from my brothers cabin...
                        Attached Files
                        My Motorcycles:
                        79 1000e (all original)
                        82 850g (all original)

Comment

That's a tough view to have to look at every day, but SOMEBODY's got to do it.

Oh, you should tell your brother that HE was at the wrong restaurant, not you.

sigpic
                          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride
                          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Nice view
                            sigpic
                            83 GS1100g
                            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                              That's a tough view to have to look at every day, but SOMEBODY's got to do it.

Yeah. Yeah, except for all those stupid mountains blocking your view...
                              and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
                              __________________________________________________ ______________________
                              2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

I left Monument Colorado early this morning. I rode north to Denver, I had breakfast (Denver Omelet) Then I went to Woody's Wheel Works Wheel Shop. I didn't talk to Woody himself but I chatted with a couple of thr technicians. My "adventure" is winding down. I pounded the pavement 535 miles today. I made it to Lincoln Nebraska. It was a hot boring day. Then I almost didn't get a hotel room. I gess there is some kind of college baseball game going on in Omaha... Oh, the motorcycle is running good. However the speedometer quit working. I checked the cable, it's fine. It's in the lower mechanism by the wheel. The spare clutch cable issue has been solved. I stole my brothers, however it's from a "L" don't tell my motorcycle. haha. I'm not sure what way I'm going home. I'd like to drop down south and go through Indy, Columbus... But that storm down south might make me want to go the northern route through Chicago. We'll see 👍
                                My Motorcycles:
                                79 1000e (all original)
                                82 850g (all original)

Comment

Working...
                                X