No announcement yet.

Storm's Summer Motorcycle Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While you are in Bisbee, make sure to get out to Tombstone for a jaunt.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Any idea when you're going through Northern Arizona or Southern Utah?
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Depending on when you get to Bisbee, I might be able to meet you to see Tombstone.
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

Any pictures yet Norm?
          sigpic
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I planned on spending the whole day in Lafayette, but after chatting with my former boss, getting a plate lunch (BBQ pork steak, rice, something else I don't know what it was, oh and a Boudan link) I jumped on interstate 10 and motored west. Since I got a late start I wasn't going to make it to Austin. Houston, how about the Houston Space Center!! I had a wonderful time looking at all the space stuff. Particularly I liked looking at the engineering and machine work. When I'm at work I always say "it's good enough, it's not for NASA!" Well this stuff was! The motorcycle is running great. However I wish I had a spare clutch cable. The shop in Lafayette was not interested in matching one up. They immediately said nope don't got one... Tomorrow I'm off to Austin Texas for lunch and maybe a haircut then I'll stop somewhere in the middle of Texas. I'm feeling pretty good, no Advil or nothing like that. Tomorrow's ride will be easy I'll have air conditioning! ☺
            Attached Files
            My Motorcycles:
            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
            79 1000e (all original)
            82 850g (all original)
            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Nothing to exciting today. I did make it to Austin. I stopped at a Motorcycle Super Store to see if they had a clutch cable... nope. I did have a nice lunch. I was chatting with a young lady, she told me about the fish she caught. She showed me the picture of her holding the bass, her in a bikini. Very nice I said and the fish looked good too! After lunch, I went about 200 miles up the road. I'm going to try to leave earlier tomorrow. It's going to be HOT! About 400 miles to Las Cruces!
              My Motorcycles:
              79 1000e (all original)
              82 850g (all original)

Comment

Norm,

Hey, Buddy, was good to see you and ride with you at BC.
                (Speaking of which, I had a spare brand new clutch cable in trunk.)

Do keep us updated.

Three week trip, wow.

Dave

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Austin.

Do look up
                  -FM335
                  -FM336
                  -FM337 (Farm to Market) (or maybe some might be listed as RR, Ranch Road. If is Ranch Road it can have those trenches and metal bars acrost it.)
                  -Frio Canyon Motorcycle Stop and Bent Rim Cafe (same place) just outside Leakey TX. Can get a little bell for that Super King Road Glide Ultra Custom.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

So much to do and see in Austin-especially if an attractive woman might show you around.
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

Hey Norm, you'll be in MrBill's neck of the woods in Las Cruces. Some great riding out there!

Ed
                      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I made it to Las Cruces. I got up early 5:00am to beat the heat. I rode 435 miles this morning. Since I'll be here all day I treated myself to a nice hotel room (unlike last night's, I could feel the bugs jump on me when I opened the door lol) I had to pay $3.00 per gallon for gas, I was afraid I'd run out. Turns out there was a truck stop only 15 more miles up the road... The motorcycle is running great. There's not another motorcycle I'd want to be with. Tomorrow will be a easy ride to Bisbee 235 miles. ��

Okay I have to edit this. I'd like to be with 850 too!
                        Last edited by storm 64; 06-15-2017, 08:59 PM.
                        My Motorcycles:
                        79 1000e (all original)
                        82 850g (all original)

Comment

Glad you made it to Cruces, Norm. If you feel like heading North from there, you can have my extra clutch cable. Oh, It's a bit cooler up here too
                          Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A
                          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

How's the air conditioner working?

sigpic
                            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                            Family Portrait
                            Siblings and Spouses
                            Mom's first ride
                            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Wow Norm you're making good time! Definitely best just to book it out with and not spend a whole lot of time in the middle or the dirty (i.e. miserably humid and hot, & flat) south! out west is the best... scenery and riding especially!
                              NC/TN/KY/WV are amazing but if you have 3 weeks for an adventure, going out to the Rockies/etc and/or Cali/Pacific NW is the ultimate...
                              '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
                              '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
                              '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
                              '79 GS425stock
                              PROJECTS:
                              '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
                              '77 GS550 740cc major mods
                              '77 GS400 489cc racer build
                              '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
                              '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

Hey Norm,

How about I send this clutch cable to one of your cousins address....?
                                If got it out, it could be there maybe 3 days after that.
                                Is for my GK, so, I am only quessing would be same as your 1000, but I don’t really know, probably work.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X