Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any sources for a 1980 gs750 PARTS manual???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any sources for a 1980 gs750 PARTS manual???

I'd love to get my hands on a parts manual that shows exploded views of parts components & parts numbers list --- which is essential to getting a good look at something that may be missing, disassembling components & putting stuff back together.

✓ Suzuki spare parts for GS750 Motorcycle. ✓ Swift delivery ✓ Original Suzuki GS750 parts
    1980 GS550ET

Comment

Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.

Genuine OEM parts shipped direct from a dealer. Find Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki & Honda motorcycle parts, Polaris ATV parts, PWC parts, and more!
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

CMSNL is a good site, but is on the other side of "the pond". Might have numbers that are not available over here.

One of our favorite online dealers is PartsOutlaw.com. Take a look there for all the parts fiche and some of the best prices on OEM parts.

If you decide to order from them, look for the promo code box on the checkout page, enter the word "BANG", you will get discounted shipping.
        The price has changed a few times, I think the latest is $1.50, instead of their flat-rate $9.99.
        You should also know that it takes about two weeks before you get your order. They have to place an order with the Suzuki warehouse, who has to ship it to Parts Outlaw, then they separate out all the orders they have placed, repack what is coming to you, then send it. Not a whole lot you can to do speed it up, unless you want to pay a little extra (maybe full price?) and place an order at your local dealer.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I'm afraid there's been a misunderstanding.

What I need is the parts MANUAL showing exploded views of all components & systems to aid in disassembly, the listing of parts by their numbers & re-assembly.

I found one in New Zealand, but the shipping is nearly equal to the cost of the manual!
          Since I'll be vacationing there in a few months, I may just wait & pick it up locally.

Comment

Why not just use the online parts sellers. They all use the parts microfiche drawings and have part numbers.

Here is one as an example:

Shop our large selection of Suzuki Motorcycle OEM parts, original equipment manufacturer parts and more online or call at 386-740-2452

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
            1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
            1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Do you have a link to this manual you reference? I've never seen one before and didn't know they even exist.
              Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                Do you have a link to this manual you reference? I've never seen one before and didn't know they even exist.
                Link is no longer up on eBay, as I decided to scoop up the manual ---- it being the last copy that he had.
                I figured that I spend more on Bacardi rum & Cuban (well, really Cuban seedlings grown in Honduras. As a Cuban, I refuse to buy B.S. Cuban stogies like Cohibas) cigars every month with less return.

Comment

Wait!
                  Spoke too soon --- I found it on Google:

SUZUKI Parts Manual GSX750 GS750 GSX750E 1980 Replacement Spares Catalog List

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                    Suzuki called it the Parts Catalogue, which was also available on microfiche.
                    Reproduced parts catalogues are sometimes called parts manual.

I like the original Suzuki paper book, too !
                    These are pretty much the same as the online part sellers, but they contain more information like the parts and OEM numbers for the 'special markets' and chassis number info.
                    The online sellers have errors in the listing sometimes.

Use the online sellers all the time, i just like to have the original Suzuki parts catalogue, too.
                    All small paperbacks like below.

GS750.jpg
                    Last edited by Rijko; 06-06-2017, 02:16 PM.
                    Rijk

Top 10 Newbie Mistakes thread

CV Carb rebuild tutorial
                    VM Carb rebuild tutorial
                    Bikecliff's website
                    The Stator Papers

"The thing about freedom - it's never free"

Comment

I rebuilt the motor on my '74 Harley Sportster in a spare bedroom from 16 milk crates' worth of greasy parts using a factory parts manual.

Microfiche is useless to me since most libraries no longer have machines available for use & I'm not going to buy a reader just to use every now & then.

Last edited by Guest; 06-07-2017, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 82tiburon View Post
                        I'm afraid there's been a misunderstanding.

What I need is the parts MANUAL showing exploded views of all components & systems to aid in disassembly, the listing of parts by their numbers & re-assembly.
                        Well, it has become rather evident that most of us have no knowledge of such a publication. What we have been using is the parts fiche from the online vendors. Virtually all line drawings, rather than photos, but shows the relationship of one part to another in an exploded view, accompanied by part numbers and pricing.

That is why we were offering those publications.

sigpic
                        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                        Family Portrait
                        Siblings and Spouses
                        Mom's first ride
                        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                          Well, it has become rather evident that most of us have no knowledge of such a publication. What we have been using is the parts fiche from the online vendors. Virtually all line drawings, rather than photos, but shows the relationship of one part to another in an exploded view, accompanied by part numbers and pricing.

That is why we were offering those publications.

Oh no, don't get me wrong --- I fully realize that & am grateful for the available info.
                          When it arrives, I'll be sure to let you all know whether the parts manual is any good or not.

Comment

The parts manual is exactly what appears on the fiches, although some sellers miss out what they consider to be unnecessary information, and don't publish the complete copy. Suzuki sent the original books to the dealers for many years - my earliest one is for a '65 T10, and the most recent is for a '78 GT 250. Around the mid to late 70s, Suzuki started using microfiche technology, and simply transferred the paper to microfiche. Most dealers took this up, as the fiche system took up less room, and was easier to clean - imagine what a 10 year old parts manual looks like after a load of greasy mechanics have been thumbing through it. I don't know when Suzuki completely discontinued paper copies, but I've rarely seen anything after about 78. I'm not saying they don't exist, just that the 'new' technology had pretty much taken over by then.
                            1980 GS550ET

Comment

They were produced at least until late 1979, yesterday i received the parts catalogue for the 1980 GS1000 T/HT/ET models.
                              It was printed September 1979.

What blew my mind is that (apart from the cast alloy wheels i expected to see) it also
                              shows spoke wheels used on the 1980 GS1000T, with 2 slotted discs on front wheel.
                              Front wheel has the same oem number as the 1978 GS1000 alloy rim,
                              rear wheel in 17 and 18 inch ??

Makes me wonder, i have seen several GS1000S(T) bikes with the spoke wheels
                              and alloy rims and thought the owners had replaced the original cast alloy ones with
                              spoke wheels. Going to search for a GS1000ST parts catalogue next !
                              Last edited by Rijko; 06-06-2017, 04:39 PM.
                              Rijk

Top 10 Newbie Mistakes thread

CV Carb rebuild tutorial
                              VM Carb rebuild tutorial
                              Bikecliff's website
                              The Stator Papers

"The thing about freedom - it's never free"

Comment

Working...
                              X