Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple photos:

Comment

Can I use primary wire for my SPG? I think I have some 10 gauge in my garage.

Comment

14 ga from spg to r/r(-) less than 1 ft
        16 ga on everything else any length

Comment

We have liftoff.

Just have some cable maintenance to do in order to get everything tucked away as pretty as possible.

Repeated the quick test after repairs.

1.) key off................12.9 volts

2.) key on (but not cranking with lights for 10 sec)...12.4 volts

3.) at idle (1500 rpm).....13 volts

4.) at 2500 rpm 13.8 volts

5.) at 5000 rpm.....14.4 volts

6.) key off.....13.1 volts

Thanks to everyone for the feedback and help.

Comment

Also, my SPG currently has two wires connected to it. The ground from the R/R, and a short 14 ga wire that connects to the battery (-).

I wanted to connect the harness ground to it as well, but the existing wire with ring terminal were a tad too short and I didn't want to stress the wire. I will add a little length to it soon and also add it to the SPG.

As far as battery connections, on the (-) I have the 14 ga wire from the SPG, ground from the rear bottom of engine, and the harness ground that wouldn't reach my SPG.

On the positive side of battery just one connection to starter solenoid.

Can't wait to ride this week!!!

Comment

Originally posted by growler View Post
              We have liftoff.

Just have some cable maintenance to do in order to get everything tucked away as pretty as possible.

Repeated the quick test after repairs.

1.) key off................12.9 volts

2.) key on (but not cranking with lights for 10 sec)...12.4 volts

3.) at idle (1500 rpm).....13 volts

4.) at 2500 rpm 13.8 volts

5.) at 5000 rpm.....14.4 volts

6.) key off.....13.1 volts

Thanks to everyone for the feedback and help.
              Looks great, you must have cleaned the fuse box

Comment

Originally posted by growler View Post
                Also, my SPG currently has two wires connected to it. The ground from the R/R, and a short 14 ga wire that connects to the battery (-).

I wanted to connect the harness ground to it as well, but the existing wire with ring terminal were a tad too short and I didn't want to stress the wire. I will add a little length to it soon and also add it to the SPG.

As far as battery connections, on the (-) I have the 14 ga wire from the SPG, ground from the rear bottom of engine, and the harness ground that wouldn't reach my SPG.

On the positive side of battery just one connection to starter solenoid.

Can't wait to ride this week!!!
                I generally would not make the SPG to R/R(-) longer than 1 foot, but if making it longer allows you to pull all ground to the SPG I would do it. If the length is a concern then go to 12 ga for the wire instead of 14.

That said, the SPG to battery is more important that the harness ground as long as you have less than 0.250V on the harmness ground that will be fine. For the battery wire you want less than 0.050V

Comment

The SPG to R/R(-) is about 16 inches or so. It is 10 ga wire, what the Compufire ground wire is made with.

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                  I generally would not make the SPG to R/R(-) longer than 1 foot, but if making it longer allows you to pull all ground to the SPG I would do it. If the length is a concern then go to 12 ga for the wire instead of 14.

Comment

The 14 ga SPG to battery wire is about 4-5 inches long. I will measure the voltage in the next few days. I am busy dogsitting two dogs and working two jobs.

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                    That said, the SPG to battery is more important that the harness ground as long as you have less than 0.250V on the harmness ground that will be fine. For the battery wire you want less than 0.050V

Comment

Working...
                    X