1984 GS750E Sport project bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1984 GS750E Sport project bike

Hi all, new to the forum and Suzuki's in general. Have gotten back to riding after a few years with no bike and my son started riding too. So to get back in it we got a 2013 Honda CRB250R and now he has a couple summers under his belt I got him a 1989 FZR600 for him to work on and as an upgrade. With that I decided instead of doing a project car I would do a bike instead. So I found a 1984 GS750E Sport for $350, which is basically just the frame, motor and suspension. The last owner tried to make a bobber out of it, and not done right. With that found a guy parting a 2000 GSXR600 and bought the front and rear suspension, but not before doing a bit of research to see how much trouble it would be to fit. So far not too bad, but I am thinking this will be a 2-3 summer project to finish. Will post some pics soon.

Having troubles uploading pictures. I have made them 17kb and 490x280, but still get a red ! when I try to upload. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by laxcdn View Post
      Having troubles uploading pictures. I have made them 17kb and 490x280, but still get a red ! when I try to upload. Any help would be appreciated.
      I upload pics to a photo hosting service like photobucket, imgur, etc., then link to that image.

Mark
      1982 GS1100E
      1998 ZX-6R
      2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

The way I bought it. Spray painted black frame and wheels, missing seat, airbox, etc. Did get a box of parts in zip lock bags.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Guest; 06-20-2017, 01:28 PM.

Comment

After starting to figure out what he had done to it.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Guest; 06-20-2017, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Front suspension
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Guest; 06-20-2017, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Rear
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Guest; 06-20-2017, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Front with a quick clean up.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Guest; 06-20-2017, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Rear quick cleaning
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Guest; 06-20-2017, 01:30 PM.

Comment

With front suspension on and old rear taken off and new mocked up. I have to grind off the rearsets as they are in the way for the swingarm to go into place. Going to put bar rises on and Renthal bars.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Guest; 06-20-2017, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Rear from the back.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Guest; 06-20-2017, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Cut the rearset mounts off and was able to get the swingarm in closer to where it needs to go. Also put the cut off part of the subframe and tank on to get a better idea, but will change the tank to something different. Was thinking a late 70's GS 750 tank or maybe a early 2000's GSX1400 tank.

Last edited by Guest; 06-20-2017, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Started the strip down on the fathers day.

Comment

The previous owner spray painted a lot of it and over dirt and grease, so I was able to get a bunch of it off with a wire brush. (my kids 1989 FZR 600 in the background)
                            Last edited by Guest; 06-20-2017, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Carbs off and will spray down with oven cleaner or some degreaser to get all the gunk off. Found a broken bolt for the stator cover I need to fix. You can see in the background the different in length between the stock and GSXR forks.
                              Last edited by Guest; 06-20-2017, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X