1984 GS750E Sport project bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it were mine... i would try to track down the rest of the plastics

As for suspension i like i think youre on the money. Whats the rear swinger from. Seems like sprocket alignment is spot on even with that fat back tire
    I build Pipers

Comment

You need a new cam cover gasket and grommets for the bolts - looks like the PO had shares in RTV....

EDIT: Actually I'll bet there's a few stripped cam cover bolts there - they are pretty easy to overtighten once the grommets compress with age. Good news is they are on top of the cam caps so you can easily take them off to helicoil.
      Last edited by hillsy; 06-20-2017, 10:14 PM.
      Current:
      Z1300A5 Locomotive (swapped my Intruder for it), GS450 Cafe Project (might never finish it....), XT500 Commuter (I know - it's a Yamaha )

Past:
      VL1500 Intruder (swapped for Z1300), ZX9R Streetfighter (lets face it - too fast....), 1984 GSX750EF, 1984 GSX1100EF (AKA GS1150)
      And a bunch of other crap Yamahas....

Comment

Nice bike. I only have the front fender and the tank and the tank is dented and pretty rusty. Tossing around doing a solo seat for it too. The forks, swingarm and wheels are all from 2000 GSXR 600 and I will need an offset front sproket, but it will be pretty close.
        Originally posted by thebrandonbeezy View Post
        If it were mine... i would try to track down the rest of the plastics

As for suspension i like i think youre on the money. Whats the rear swinger from. Seems like sprocket alignment is spot on even with that fat back tire

Comment

I plan on taking off the cam cover, stator cover, clutch cover to put them back to polished aluminum. I will get new gaskets for all those and the exhaust manifold along with a bolt kit to replace all the bolts. Thx for the tips.
          Originally posted by hillsy View Post
          You need a new cam cover gasket and grommets for the bolts - looks like the PO had shares in RTV....

EDIT: Actually I'll bet there's a few stripped cam cover bolts there - they are pretty easy to overtighten once the grommets compress with age. Good news is they are on top of the cam caps so you can easily take them off to helicoil.

Comment

spent some time last night with the angle grinder and wire brush and took most of the paint off the frame.

Comment

Here is mine.
              Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Originally posted by kingofvenus View Post
                Here is mine.
                Stunning bike!! What forks are those?
                I build Pipers

Comment

Very cool. What rear do you have on that and size tire?
                  Here is mine.

Comment

Honestly looks like 88/97 katana 600 wheels and forks, if they are thats a 3.5 out back and a 3 up front should be a 150/80 on the rear i believe?..
                    I build Pipers

Comment

Rf900 fork, '89 gsxr 1100 wheels. 4.5 rear with a 160 tire.
                      Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Ground down the pivots for the swingarm on the frame and got it mounted up this weekend. Have to move the battery box back a bit and had to spin the shock around so it left room for it.
                        Last edited by Guest; 07-04-2017, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Rf900 fork, '89 gsxr 1100 wheels. 4.5 rear with a 160 tire.
                          Any issues getting the chain to line up?

Comment

Shot of front

Comment

From the back.

Comment

Playing around with the original fender and found the undertail to go on also. Think I will weld back on the cut off subframe and mount the electronics between the 2 seat brackets instead of on the side. Tank needs to go though. Will have to figure out how to mount the top of the shock. Some thick steel is in store.

Comment

Working...
                                X