Suzuk GSxxxxG case savers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzuk GSxxxxG case savers

I just received a set of three-point case savers (NOS) from an Ebay seller who advertised that they fit 1979 to 1980 GS1000G motorcycles. I had my doubts, and was correct. They were not even close. Will send them back.

There is another set listed on Ebay that claims to fit a GS650. I can tell by my subsequent research that these are at least the correct STYLE for a Suzuki GS.

My question is: Does anyone know what the physical differences are between the 650 - 1000cc engines in the GS? The present set on Ebay look exactly like those in a picture of my old GS850, but of course I wouldn't buy them unless I was sure.

Until then I am going to mount a ratty pair of two bolt savers that I got cheap on Ebay to protect the engine just in case.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Did the case guards come in or have the original packaging?
    Do you have some pictures of the guards?

I am asking because obviously they don't fit yours but, if by some wild chance they fit an '82 GS1100E, I would be interested in buying them from you. I'm sure that many others here would be willing to buy them from you also if it can be determined what they really are and fit.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Nah, they came in a box with bubble wrap only. Here is the link to the original listing. The seller has provided me with a return shipping label through Ebay. I paid A LOT for them because they were so nice. Not sure if the forum members would go that high. My guess is that they DID come from a Suzuki, maybe an 1110x or the like.

Mark

Comment

As nice as they look, I would have paid that too. Shame they didn't fit for you. Unfortunately they aren't for the '82 1100E either, the ones I have on my red '82 are a bit different most noticeably with the center mount for each.
        Hopefully you'll find the proper ones as nice as those.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

I ended up putting on the two-point units that I got cheap from Ebay. I soaked them in rust remover for a few days and they cleaned up pretty well so I'll use them until I find a pair of three-point jobs. BTW, I doubt they'd be much good at protecting the cases because when I put them on I noticed one noticeably angled upward. It looked pretty bad. SO....... I sit on the bike, put my foot on the bar press down with very little force, and it bent right back into shape! Looks like the two bolt units are pretty much ornamental, they'd fold up like an umbrella if the bike even fell over for whatever reason. Terrible design...

SCS_2.jpg

Mark

Comment

Working...
          X