Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New GSer

Hi Everyone,

New to the GS world and wanted to take a minute to introduce myself and more importantly, my GS.

20170613_151630.jpg
    Just picked up. She's a 1978 GS750 with 51,000 miles on the clock. Can't believe how well it runs after all those miles. PO gave it the flat back rattle can treatment, which I'm not a big fan of. Still trying to find more original information on this particular bike. I know it was originally "blue" which i believe was Pearl Black Bluing for that year and I'm hoping to go back to the original base with my own, subtle, more modern, graphic design to go with it. Wheels are turning in my head with ideas moving forward, but with the short riding season up here in NH, enjoying her the way she is until winter comes.

Welcome to the funhouse. Enjoy.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Welcome aboard!
      1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Welcome aboard. Looks like a good starting point for making it look beautiful again.
        Current Bikes:
        2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Been to Dover many time to visit my brother in law and one of my best friends. The blue that it was painted was my favorite colors for GS's. I dislike the rattle can black trend and look forward to seeing your creative choices. Welcome!
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g
          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Many here will disagree with me, but that seat looks COMFORTABLE.

Install a front fender, splash some paint on it and enjoy it.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Welcome to the crazies, NE GSR group is a special kind of crazy. Check out the meeting place forum for our get together in September and possibly something might pop up before that.

Comment

Working...
              X