1982 gs1100gk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 gs1100gk

Picked this beauty up about a month or so ago. She was sitting out in the elements for approx. 4-5 years so I've got plenty to keep me busy for awhile! So far I've pulled the tank, carbs, and air box and cleaned them up. Rebuilt the carbs and fuel peacock after removing old gummed up fuel. Cleaned some minor rust out of the fuel tank. Drained the old oil and replaced. Drained the water out of the secondary gear and replaced that oil, lol. After that we had some starting circuit issues so I bypassed that to make sure my motor wasn't seized up. Good to go. Found the contacts inside the start button and ignition kill switch corroded so those got cleaned. Starting circuit is good now so I'm moving on to the ignition circuit next. Might get to fire it up in the next couple weeks!
    Attached Files

from the looks of that picture, I hope you got it really, really, really cheap. Like in "here, I'll give you $50 to haul it off my property".

But really, welcome to the site and keep us posted as the work progresses. I would think with some proper TLC, you could have yourself a very fine touring machine. Good luck.
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
    '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Working...
    X