Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW 75+ tank on gs400 or alike

Hi,

Has anyone tried to fit a BMW k75 (Or bigger) on a gs 400 model? Is it a easy fit or ?

Don't know anything at all about a BMW tank, but I would be VERY surprised if it slipped right into place.

Like just about any other change (especially in the fuel tank area), there is going to be quite a bit of effort involved.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Ypu should refr this question to a bmw K bike forum and ask some kind member to measure a K tank out for you.

ANd ask someone here to do the same for the 450

Youd at least have some idea then.
      1983 GS 550 LD
      2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Unless you have the tank and the bike together, the details will defy description ...

BUT...you could make patterns of your 450's frame from card board ....it could even be 3 dimensional by using slots to join them together.... and could be mailed in a flat envelope to the seller of the BMW tank.

Measurements alone would be difficult -it'd look like a table of offsets and you'd need an engineer at the other end to work through them, but photographs with these noted would help, or a CAD drawing!

Comment

I think it would also be helpful to know the YEAR of the "GS400" in question.

Here in the USA, we had the GS400 through the '78 model year, but in other parts of the world, they continued with a GSX400 for a few more years.
          I have never seen one of the GSX models, but I would guess that they probably have a different frame than the eariler GS models.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
          X