Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Hiflofiltro-H...ds=16510-45040

Amazon Prime will put the filter in your hands in two days.
    Thanks Ed. Sounds like an impressive filter.
    Jim, in Central New York State.

1980 GS750E (bought used June,1983)
    1968 CB350 Super Sport (bought new Oct,1968)
    1962 CA77 305 Dream (bought used Feb,1963)

Comment

Originally posted by Hinermad View Post
      The filter lookup on the WIX web site says my 1978 GS750E uses filter 24931. I looked up your 1980 and they say it uses filter 24932, not 51220.

I tried to look up 51220 on their web site and they say it's discontinued. You might check with NAPA again and see if they have 24932.

Here's the WIX filter lookup page: http://www.wixfilters.com/Lookup/filterlookup.aspx
      In the field where it says Vehicle Lookup choose Motorcycle, then it will walk you through the rest of it.

Dave
      Good catch, Dave. Very good catch! I was going by the cross reference list on the box my Purolator Precision Motorcycle oil filter came. But now that I read the very fine print under the cross references list on the box it says "May not be a direct cross reference - refer to the catalog...........". I'll check with my NAPA store, again.
      Jim, in Central New York State.

1980 GS750E (bought used June,1983)
      1968 CB350 Super Sport (bought new Oct,1968)
      1962 CA77 305 Dream (bought used Feb,1963)

Comment

Originally posted by pdqford View Post
        Thanks Ed. Sounds like an impressive filter.
        Order it and be done already. Hiflow filters are excellent quality.
        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

The K&N ones appear to be the same as the Wix Ones (in as much as they have a WIX number stamped into the plate of them).

I may be wrong. I wouldn't have a problem with these, the Wix or the Hiflo.

I used to buy 10 at a time from Z1 Enterprises on a deal they had. Emgo branded from memory. The last lot I had was from Amazon
          Last edited by salty_monk; 06-22-2017, 07:39 PM.
          1980 GS1000G - Sold
          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I've used the Fram, OEM and K&N oil filters, never had a problem with any of them in 37 years.
            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
              I've used the Fram, OEM and K&N oil filters, never had a problem with any of them in 37 years.
              You took the words right outta my mouth.

I don't know why there is all the anti-Fram propaganda online. I have used them and other brands for 45 years or so, and have never had problems.

Comment

Well, this is sorta sad...

It looks like Napa is selling K&N motorcycle filters now for ye olde motorbikes (under their "Balkamp" label for some reason). If you look at the photo, it's clearly marked "KN-133" and comes with o-rings for 8 and 16 valve engines. (Yes, the filter is the same Suzuki part number).

Not that long ago -- a matter of months -- Napa sold very nice Wix filters under their house brand -- PS24931 with the 3-lobe o-ring for the 8-valve engines, PS24932 for the 16 valve engines with the 5-lobe o-ring. Now they just sell the K&N.

The K&N is a perfectly fine filter, but the damn thing is about $5 more than it used to be...

Oh well.

At least they're still selling Wix filters under their brand for newer bikes, like my V-Strom.
                1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

If I recall the Hyflo filter # is HF133, almost the same as the K&N KN-133
                  1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
                  80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
                  1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
                  83 gs750ed- first new purchase
                  85 EX500- vintage track weapon
                  1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
                  “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
                  If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by hjfisk View Post
                    If I recall the Hyflo filter # is HF133, almost the same as the K&N KN-133
                    Hmmmm....

And it's the same bizarro pink color....

Hmmmmm. Hmmmmmmm...... makes you think, doesn't it?

The think I'm thinking, is that K&N doesn't have a tree full of Keebler elves gluing together filters for weird old bikes. They're buying them from some other supplier and sticking them in their boxes.

Now, who could that supplier possibly be?

Hmmm?

(In case it's not immediately clear, HiFloFiltro makes very nice oil filters. Get them as cheap as you can without worrying too much about the name on the box.)
                    Last edited by bwringer; 06-23-2017, 08:04 PM.
                    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Would this be the same oil filter for my 1982 GS650G? Not sure what part ID to look for.
                      1982 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Yep, same filter. Just make sure it has the right gasket.

sigpic
                        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                        Family Portrait
                        Siblings and Spouses
                        Mom's first ride
                        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                          Yep, same filter. Just make sure it has the right gasket.

Thanks, but how do I check the gasket in advance?

Where in Canada can I walk in and buy Suzuki filter 16510-45040 or equivalent?
                          Last edited by Admiral Beez; 03-15-2019, 03:16 PM.
                          1982 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Working...
                          X