1981 Honda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981 Honda

Not a real exciting bike by any stretch of the imagination. However, it is nice shape and it was priced so I couldn't say no. Purchased it from the original owner. Hasn't been started in at least 10 years. Inside the tank is a bit ugly but the rest of the bike barely has a scratch. Brakes, valves, carbs and all the usual stuff.

My son has been wanting to do a c**e bike....could this be the one!

That's an absolutely sweet K. Shame to cafe it, IMO, but hey, bikes are tabulae rasae!
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Youre crazy if you allow that bike to be so much as touched by your kid. He needs to find a low cost bike and do it to that one But thats just my respect for these old machines talking.
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

That is a beautiful bike. It would be a shame to chop it up. I'm with Chuck, find something not so nice to cut. Fix it, flip it and use all the extra cash to make a proper cafe, preferably a twin. Nothing against inline four cafe bikes, but I think the purpose or challenge in the original concept of "cafe" was to make the bikes, light weight in order to, "do the ton", as it were. That bike can do that, the way it is. Just my opinion, I see a bike that could already take home some awards.
        GSRick
        No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
        Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

A real good looker for sure.

That being said, it doesn't excite me either..... just a really nice survivor.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Chop up some POS, not a nice one like this. Heresy. Booo......There are lots of decent running junkers out there for the sawzall.

Comment

www.cb750c.com is an excellent/active site for the C, K line.
              Only 11,000 miles? Very nice.

If it HAS to be altered, this one from the 1100F site would be palatable.
              Although he had better avoid speed bumps.

Last edited by steve murdoch; 06-21-2017, 07:52 AM.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Beautiful example of next generation CB750 DOHC . . . unfortunately you son probably see's thing different than us.
                1979 GS1000E (44 Yrs), 1981 GPz550
                Departed: 1970 Yamaha R5A, 1971 R5B, 1975 Honda XL250, 1983 Suzuki PE175, 1983 CB1100F, 1983 BMW R100RS, 1992 ST1100

Comment

I didn't mean to alert everyone, my apologies. I am not one to veer too far from OEM. But if I do, Steve will have to take some of the blame for posting that fantastic looking K mod!

Comment

Café'ing a bike that is in such a condition?

As long as it's non-invasive, i.e. reversable - anything else would be just plain stupid imho. CB's are fetching increasingly pretty pennies, as another reason...
                    #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
                    #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
                    #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
                    #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

How much did you pay for that gem, if you don't mind us asking?
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                        How much did you pay for that gem, if you don't mind us asking?
                        Slightly less than a dollar a CC, which should keep me in good standing with GSR regulations.

Comment

You make me weep. I can't ever find anything that nice for such amazing prices.
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

That is a gorgeous machine. A few bolt on mods wouldn't be bad but I can't see a reason to go crazy on something that nice.

Comment

I think, if I had that bike, I wouldn't change a thing except for tires, brakes and oil when they needed it. I never thought I'd get to this point, but a stock, non-fire breather is becoming very appealing to me. I will always keep (and mod) the 1150, but adding a sedate time machine sounds really good.
                              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                              1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
                              X