Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about buying this 750 Suzuki

Hello all,

I'm thinking about buying this bike. From what I figured out it's a 1983 GS750 clean title. It's missing carbs and kickstand. In fact, where the kickstand mount should be (i presume) there's a hole in the frame like it's been torn away. He said it ran but it was too lean, that's why he had the carbs off then someone stole them. Barn kept for years but the 4 in 1 manifolds really rusty and has a few holes in it. He wants $300 for it but i'm gonna ask 2. I really don't mind working on it and putting money into it. Thanks for your time.

That's REALLY rough. Looks more like a parts bike. Title is a plus though. Possibly a V&H exhaust which is good if its salvageable. If the intakes were left open that's bad.
    No needles on the gauges.
    You would be time and money ahead in the long run to start with a better bike, but that's always up to the individual.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Aim higher. That one's a mess, and it'll cost you a substantial amount just to get it running & safe to ride. If you want it cosmetically nice, you'll spend a lot more than you'd spend just buying one in nice shape.

That's a parts bike, and even at that it's rough.
      and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
      __________________________________________________ ______________________
      2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

A similar project, but Charlie's came mostly intact, just really weathered.
        Are you doing a restoration project of some kind on a GS? Let everyone see what you are doing by posting the details here.
        Last edited by dorkburger; 06-22-2017, 08:13 AM.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Good Advice above.
          If you already had a running 83 GS750, and needed a part you knew was on it, this would be a useful thing , but someone has already been taking parts.....certain things are always wanted from parts bikes. A good tank, sidecovers, electronic ignition, dials..but hey looks like someone's already been taking those apart .

Comment

That's a boat anchor. Ask him to pay you $300 to take it away.
            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Here are a couple better choices in your area:

If you can tolerate an "L"

Here's a nice little Kawasaki:
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

I have given better bikes away for free. As others have said, find something better to work with.

Comment

I bought an '83 GS850G that was in nice shape but no carbs (and no title). I still put in a total of @ $1900 to get it titled and running. But I didn't have to do much to have cosmetically to make it look nice when I was done.

If $$ is not a concern, then maybe a worthwhile project.

Comment

Wow thanks guys! I appreciate all your input. I'm not getting it. I don't mind how it looks, cosmetics isn't my issue. The main deal breaker was the no carbs and hole in the frame. I don't want to mess with having it welded. Parts bike for sure. Thanks again!

Comment

Not mention open intake tracts exposed to who knows how much weather and dirt.
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

Thats not even a decent parts bike. I might offer $50 if there was a part I needed on it. Otherwise, forget it.
                        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

When the carbs are off and the manifolds (holes) have not been taped up or stuffed with a rag or something just forget about it. Like has been said, I would skip it as well

Comment

Working...
                          X