Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unidentified symbol on gs1000g circuit diagram

Hi,

I just got a new wiring harness for my gs1000g I noticed that a couple of wires (W/R) (W/G) that lead from the RHS switch gear to near the solenoid are just cut. I looked at the circuit diagram and there is the word modification below the end of the wires ( I think this refers to the wire below the word as it says charging modification - but not sure which wires it refers to) and above this word are my two wires with a strange set of 2 oblique parallel lines. I searched the entire internet for this symbol but could not find it. Maybe it means the Japanese for terminate the wires, but this seems strange and I notice that on the new harness for the bike these wires have female bullet connectors on them.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Dave

Short answer is the headlamp loop was a bad idea. Wire stator direct to r/r IGNORE all other wires. For long answer search this fourum

Comment

Thanks that explains it. BTW I have an old SH32B-12 regulator lying around, do you think that would be ok for the GS1000, or would I be better sticking with the smaller original one?

Cheers

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by DaveWatts View Post
        Thanks that explains it. BTW I have an old SH32B-12 regulator lying around, do you think that would be ok for the GS1000, or would I be better sticking with the smaller original one?

Cheers

Dave
        I would leave the little one in; hopefully it burns up before your stator. The real solution is to get a series r/r; see Gs stator in my signature.

Comment

My suggestion would be to post a link to the ONE file that is your diagram in question. I clicke on the link and got a page full of about 70 pdf files. Sorry, but I am not going to take the time to browse through your personal stuff just to find out what you are talking about.

Now that THAT is out of the way, the w/r and w/g wires are the infamous "stator loop" and are not necessary. In the stock harness, the w/g wire left the stator, went into the harness, got to a connector that was either under the tank or in the headlight bucket, then turned around, went back through the harness to the R/R. In earlier years, that 'turnaround' actually went to the headlight switch, but when they lost the headlight switch (in the USA models), they installed the turnaround. The rest of the world still had a headlight switch, so the main harness was not changed. The better way to wire the bike is to run the w/g wire from the stator to the w/r wire that goes to the R/R without the "stator loop" in the circuit.

Which R/R to use? Neither one. Get one from a Polaris ATV, specifically a RAZR 800 from the last few years. There are several on eBay for less than $45, but you have to be sure what you are looking for. There have been several threads recently about this very matter, so a search should find them easily.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            Which R/R to use? Neither one. Get one from a Polaris ATV, specifically a RAZR 800 from the last few years. There are several on eBay for less than $45, but you have to be sure what you are looking for. There have been several threads recently about this very matter, so a search should find them easily.

I found this type for a Honda-CBR-1000, I think it could be a SH775 type but not too sure

Comment

Just get an SH775 and be done with it. If it doesn't say sh775 on it then it's not one. Lots of R/R's look the same.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
              1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
              1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by JTGS850GL View Post
                Just get an SH775 and be done with it. If it doesn't say sh775 on it then it's not one. Lots of R/R's look the same.
                It's more fun going through the exploration, trying to a nickel but spending a twenty spot.

Comment

I found this type for a Honda-CBR-1000, I think it could be a SH775 type but not too sure

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Regler-Gleich...3D371649095398
                  That is NOT an SH775. Don't even have to see the (lack of) wording on the back fin, the connectors are not correct.

sigpic
                  mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                  hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                  #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                  #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                  (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

REAL SH775 and SH847 have metal bottoms. if they will not show you the bottom, 99.9% sure youre getting a knock off. The FH012AA and FH020AA are the mosfet shunt versions that look exactly the same, same thing, if the bottom isnt metal then it is probably a knock off. Just buy the SH847, I can't say enough good things about the one I installed on my 82 850.

Comment

I did a bit of researching and have ordered a second hand SH775 off ebay, now to see if I can sort out the wiring harness, what to do about the gear indicator, the socket for it doesn't seem to exist on my substitute harness.

Cheers

Dave

Comment

Working...
                      X