1979 GS1000E coming along!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1979 GS1000E coming along!!!

Hey guys, A few pics of before and after. Lots of work, cleaning, fixing oil leaks. New headers, Handlebars, Mirrors, Emblems, Swing arm and bearings, Rear brake line, rotor and pads. Removed Windjammer, crash bars and sissy bar. Welded the rear foot peg mounts back on after the original owner cut them off. Polished side cover to a brushed finish. Front rotors are on the way back from TrueDisc after being turned. Stainless front lines and brakes are waiting! Seat is next and a Dyno tune. Thanks for all the help from GS members for all the help!!

Last edited by Guest; 06-25-2017, 07:39 PM.

That's looking very nice. A tip for you though, if you paste the image code instead of the link from your photobucket into your posts, it will look like this:

1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
    1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

Thanks! Done!

Comment

Good looking bike! Love the low bars
        I build Pipers

Comment

What welds? Very nice!
          The bike looks great.
          I had a set of CRG bar-ends on a bike that were nice but expensive. What brand are those?
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Nce work. Looks great!
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

CRG mirrors...almost $100 each...ouch!

Comment

Very nice 1000e. I do like the low profile mirrors. You'd be surprised on how much wind turbulence the standard mirrors will cause. I also like the 1100e swing arm, it looks good. I think that might be the next project on mine. I like the brushed aluminum look on your engine covers too. Nice Bike👍
                My Motorcycles:
                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                79 1000e (all original)
                82 850g (all original)
                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Beauty!

Its nice to see the rear foot peg mounts living another useful life!
                  1978 Gs1085 compliments of Popy Yosh, Bandit 1200 wheels and front end, VM33 Smoothbores, Yosh exhaust, braced frame, ported polished head
                  1983 Gs1100ESD, rebuild finished! Body paintwork happening winter 2017

I would rather trust my bike to a technician that reads the service manual than some backyardigan that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix things.

Comment

Fjbj40....Thanks for hooking me up with the foot pegs mounts, Still cant believe you had those!!! Saved the day!

Comment

Very nice!
                      great job and very clean!

Comment

Originally posted by workonwood View Post
                        Fjbj40....Thanks for hooking me up with the foot pegs mounts, Still cant believe you had those!!! Saved the day!
                        Its funny you know, I was looking at them about 6 months ago and said to myself " why the #^%^% am I keeping these?". Oh well maybe someone will need them and I threw them in the bottom drawer of my junk box!

Lucky you! Glad they were put back into service!
                        1978 Gs1085 compliments of Popy Yosh, Bandit 1200 wheels and front end, VM33 Smoothbores, Yosh exhaust, braced frame, ported polished head

I would rather trust my bike to a technician that reads the service manual than some backyardigan that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix things.

Comment

IMG_3610 by David Shupe, on Flickr

Comment

IMG_3606 by David Shupe, on Flickr

Just got the seat done, and the front slotted rotors, pads, hoses.

Comment

She looks fantastic!

I have never seen one with the gold around the front of the tank though.

Comment

Working...
                              X