Long term parking in Cincinnati

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long term parking in Cincinnati

I'm flying out of Cincinnati in a few weeks, will be gone for ten days or so. Thinking about riding my bike the three hours to the airport.

Two questions:

One, in long-term parking, park on side stand or center stand?
    Two, with a cover or no?

or Three, anybody live near the Cincinnati airport and want to host my bike for a couple weeks?

or Four, just drive the cage.
    "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Hey, shoot me a PM and you can keep it at my garage if you'd like (45 mins north of Cinci in Miamisburg).
    sigpic
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Do I recall properly that the Cinci airport is really in Kentucky.....?

Sounds like an adventure.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Yes, the Cincy airport is across the Mighty Ohio River in Kentucky.

And plans have changed a little and I'll very likely be driving instead of riding to Cincy. Probably maybe.

But I'm still curious... if you were parking your bike in an airport parking lot for a week, would you put it on the side stand or the center stand?

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
          But I'm still curious... if you were parking your bike in an airport parking lot for a week, would you put it on the side stand or the center stand?
          Outside parking or under cover?

Blacktop or concrete?

Kickstand pad available?

If it's on concrete or in a parking garage (in the shade), it won't matter too much.

If it's on blacktop and in the sun, definitely NOT on the centerstand.

Even without the sun, using a pad under the kickstand would be preferred.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            Outside parking or under cover?

Blacktop or concrete?

Kickstand pad available?

If it's on concrete or in a parking garage (in the shade), it won't matter too much.

If it's on blacktop and in the sun, definitely NOT on the centerstand.

Even without the sun, using a pad under the kickstand would be preferred.

Right on. That's why I asks.

Comment

Long term parking at CVG is just a big parking lot with no cover (reasonably secure, though). I would definitely recommend the center stand. Ten days of exposure to the elements shouldn't be too harmful to the bike, so I wouldn't worry about covering it. Short-term parking is a multilevel ramp, but I don't like paying for even short stays in there. I could make space for you here in the garage, but I can't promise availability to give rides to and from the airport if it would conflict with having a day job. Let me know if you decide you want to try it.
              Dogma
              --
              O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
              '80 GS850 GLT
              '80 GS1000 GT
              '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Working...
              X