i am laughing now!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am laughing now!!

Although not a crash, I had the embarising opertunity to test out my recently installed crash bars on my GS. I thought i would sneak away for a burger for lunch and after finishing my heart attack in a sack (sure was good) I was basking in my caloric overload and simply turned to sharp and tipped over. This was one of those most embaressing moments times. I have alot of miles under my belt and doing something like this was...well a severe brain fart. Thinking back over my follie, having just gotten off shift and being awake for 28 hrs didn't help and the ingestion of a bizillion calories contributed to my lack of attention. I ride year round and and often without much sleep getting off shift but this was an eye opener for me. So gathering my composure and collecting my left front blinker which had launched all the way accross the parking lot, remounted for the ride home. All is well and arrive safetly home. On the ride in this am I jump on it to get to freeway speed and my clutch slips. Oh Sh@t a new clutch!! no way, thats major $$$.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:

3D Video Production Company Example

I fell over in my driveway trying to get the bike on the center stand not too long ago. It is super embarrassing, isn't it? It's funny how I'll find the strength to get the bike picked up quickly.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
    Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

You won't know for sure until you check it out, but my guess getting some Barnett clutch springs will fix you up. My advice is only replace three of the six. Those Barnett springs are stiff and if you use them all, well an image of Popeye's left forearm comes to mind.
      Untitled.jpg
      GSRick
      No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
      Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

It could be worse,I'm off work for 2 months with a ruptured AC tendon.Similar incident but I was happy someone seen it and helped get the bike up.

Comment

I dropped my bike in a parking lot once. I momentarily forgot that you can't have the bike leaned over when you come to a stop.
          Charles
          --
          1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

I didn't know spambots actually rode...but I think we're being taken for one
            '83 GS650G
            '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
              Something strange going on. I clicked on his links from this thread and the sand thread. Both go to a BMW forum and are copies of posts there but from different posters.........
              Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
              1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                Looks that way to me too.

1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
                1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

Trizzle, trassel, trussel, trome....time for this one to go home
                  sigpic
                  83 GS1100g
                  2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                    Something strange going on. I clicked on his links from this thread and the sand thread. Both go to a BMW forum and are copies of posts there but from different posters.........
                    I wonder if our responses end up on a BMW site to make it look like were nuts too.
                    Alan

sigpic
                    Weaned on a '74 450 Honda
                    Graduated to an '82 GS850GL
                    Now riding an '83 GS1100GL
                    Added an '82 GS1100GL

Comment

joeclark has been banned for general strangeness. If he isn't a bot he should be.
                      Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
                      80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

thank you, ai is getting sophisticated.
                        1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Originally posted by joeclark View Post
                          Although not a crash, I had the embarising opertunity to test out my recently installed crash bars on my GS. I thought i would sneak away for a burger for lunch and after finishing my heart attack in a sack (sure was good) I was basking in my caloric overload and simply turned to sharp and tipped over. This was one of those most embaressing moments times. I have alot of miles under my belt and doing something like this was...well a severe brain fart. Thinking back over my follie, having just gotten off shift and being awake for 28 hrs didn't help and the ingestion of a bizillion calories contributed to my lack of attention. I ride year round and and often without much sleep getting off shift but this was an eye opener for me. So gathering my composure and collecting my left front blinker which had launched all the way accross the parking lot, remounted for the ride home. All is well and arrive safetly home. On the ride in this am I jump on it to get to freeway speed and my clutch slips. Oh Sh@t a new clutch!! no way, thats major $$$.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:

3D Video Production Company Example
                          I thought that "embarising opertunity" was a unique misspelling, so did a google search on that .....
                          found this posting in a BMW R1200GS forum:

************************************************** ******
                          ************************************************** ******

Old 05-Oct-2012, 11:06 AM (671) Thread Starter
                          papachiax6
                          HairyDad/6 kids

i am laughing now!!

Although not a crash, I had the embarising opertunity to test out my recently installed crash bars on my GS. I thought i would sneak away for a burger for lunch and after finishing my heart attack in a sack (sure was good) I was basking in my caloric overload and simply turned to sharp and tipped over. This was one of those most embaressing moments times. I have alot of miles under my belt and doing something like this was...well a severe brain fart. Thinking back over my follie, having just gotten off shift and being awake for 28 hrs didn't help and the ingestion of a bizillion calories contributed to my lack of attention. I ride year round and and often without much sleep getting off shift but this was an eye opener for me. So gathering my composure and collecting my left front blinker which had launched all the way accross the parking lot, remounted for the ride home. All is well and arrive safetly home. On the ride in this am I jump on it to get to freeway speed and my clutch slips. Oh Sh@t a new clutch!! no way, thats major $$$. Back off and cruise,no issues. Jump on it and slips and over rev's. Make it to work and take a quick look and find that the left hand gaurd had bent in a little not letting the clutch lever fully disengage. Fixed and now all is better. My slush fund is safe for now....

Last edited by Redman; 07-22-2017, 10:57 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                          X