Named queries for module developers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Named queries for module developers

The 7.9.4 beta 1 is up as of today. The focus of this release is security, and one of the new features that can affect module developers is named queries.

Named queries are a way to define database queries in advance, so that clients can't run random queries. An added benefit is that queries become easy to reuse throughout your project.

As a module developer, here's what you need to know about named queries:

Clients may or may not have legacy db access enabled. If they don't, the client is restricted to only using named queries. Your module needs to handle this gracefully. (If legacy db access is disabled, things like tag history, transaction groups and alarm history will still work, because those queries are predefined.)
    The API for report datasources has changed slightly. If you have written a custom datasource in your module, you can probably use null for the new argument.
    If your module has a panel for authoring db queries, similar to the component binding panel in Vision, you will need to also accommodate named queries.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
    The 7.9.4 beta 1 is up as of today. The focus of this release is security, and one of the new features that can affect module developers is named queries. Named queries are a way to define database queries in advance, so that clients can’t run random queries. An added benefit is that queries become easy to reuse throughout your project. As a module developer, here’s what you need to know about named queries: Clients may or may not have legacy db access enabled. If they don’t, the client is r...

3D Animation Agency Example

That's way over my head.
    Alan

sigpic
    Weaned on a '74 450 Honda
    Graduated to an '82 GS850GL
    Now riding an '83 GS1100GL
    Added an '82 GS1100GL

Comment

Huh??

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by joeclark View Post
        The 7.9.4 beta 1 is up as of today. The focus of this release is security, and one of the new features that can affect module developers is named queries.

Named queries are a way to define database queries in advance, so that clients can't run random queries. An added benefit is that queries become easy to reuse throughout your project.

As a module developer, here's what you need to know about named queries:

Clients may or may not have legacy db access enabled. If they don't, the client is restricted to only using named queries. Your module needs to handle this gracefully. (If legacy db access is disabled, things like tag history, transaction groups and alarm history will still work, because those queries are predefined.)
        The API for report datasources has changed slightly. If you have written a custom datasource in your module, you can probably use null for the new argument.
        If your module has a panel for authoring db queries, similar to the component binding panel in Vision, you will need to also accommodate named queries.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
        The 7.9.4 beta 1 is up as of today. The focus of this release is security, and one of the new features that can affect module developers is named queries. Named queries are a way to define database queries in advance, so that clients can’t run random queries. An added benefit is that queries become easy to reuse throughout your project. As a module developer, here’s what you need to know about named queries: Clients may or may not have legacy db access enabled. If they don’t, the client is r...

3D Animation Agency Example
        Maybe try a different forum. LOL.
        '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

First I was disappointed that Joe Clark wasn't a Canadian member...

second, "Joe Clark" has posted a few times about his BMW GS and hasn't clued in that this is a Suzuki site.

I'm voting spambot...
          '83 GS650G
          '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Yup, spambot.
            Charles
            --
            1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

seems a real life person ... and has human problems like some of us
              http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...m-laughing-now!!
              Rijk

Top 10 Newbie Mistakes thread

CV Carb rebuild tutorial
              VM Carb rebuild tutorial
              Bikecliff's website
              The Stator Papers

"The thing about freedom - it's never free"

Comment

"He" might have some human qualities, but all of his few posts have a line saying "I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.", then gives a link to a BMW forum.

His bike is a BMW R1200GS, he probably did a search for "GS forum" and found us.

He also has "USA" as his location, but talks about riding in the sand near his home in Australia.

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

idk .. strange indeed.
                  Human or bot, this is a clear case of Freudian need to be converted
                  and belong to the right GS group so let's welcome this entity to our herd
                  Rijk

Top 10 Newbie Mistakes thread

CV Carb rebuild tutorial
                  VM Carb rebuild tutorial
                  Bikecliff's website
                  The Stator Papers

"The thing about freedom - it's never free"

Comment

Originally posted by Rijko View Post
                    idk .. strange indeed.
                    Human or bot, this is a clear case of Freudian need to be converted
                    and belong to the right GS group so let's welcome this entity to our herd
                    I don't know, he sounds pretty dysfunctional. Oh wait ...he'll fit right in.
                    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

I'm going to give credit where credit is due...
                      This post was actually done by the genius Kathy Applebaum in anothe forum.
                      joeclark must be a wannabe.

Still over my head.
                      Alan

sigpic
                      Weaned on a '74 450 Honda
                      Graduated to an '82 GS850GL
                      Now riding an '83 GS1100GL
                      Added an '82 GS1100GL

Comment

1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Bot

Bot

Bot

BOT

BBOOOOOOOOTTT

(and I suggest not going to the links).

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                          X