JMC bolt in mono shock for gs1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JMC bolt in mono shock for gs1000

Hi all, I've got a JMC swingarm for a GS1000 (2v) and it is a bolt in mono shock. Has anybody got any pics of how they fit? It has a shock, a large triangle bit with 3 holes in it, a top shock mount that bolts to the top rear engine mounts and a flat bar.
    Just trying to digger out how the bottom part hose in (the triangle and flat bar and shock).
    Cheers for any help.

Be interested to see how they did that! It must bolt between the footpegs - be surprised if you didn't have to relocate the battery (or at least move it up to the top of the frame).

Got any pics of your parts?
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith View Post
      Hi all, I've got a JMC swingarm for a GS1000 (2v) and it is a bolt in mono shock. Has anybody got any pics of how they fit? It has a shock, a large triangle bit with 3 holes in it, a top shock mount that bolts to the top rear engine mounts and a flat bar.
      Just trying to digger out how the bottom part hose in (the triangle and flat bar and shock).
      Cheers for any help.
      It will look similar to this, but with the shock mount bolted to the engine mounts instead of the frame:

Where are you going to put the battery? As salty_monk notes, there will be a shock occupying that space now. If you need more examples, google 'cantilever monoshock' and you will get hundreds of pictures.

Mark
      1982 GS1100E
      1998 ZX-6R
      2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Cheers, I will put a pic up when I'm next in the shed of what I have.

Comment

Working...
        X