I build Pipers

That'd be fun to watch!
    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Sorry but that bike and pic is better than........
      Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
      Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
      Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

The bike looks better in the flesh than any of the pictures i have seen! I have been lucky enough to have been involved with the project from its early conception,it has incorporated some real nice twists in the chassis department, the frame is constructed in chrome moly,by a drag race colleague of mine, with subtle geometry alterations compared to standard. I supplied all the non 'Suzuki' engine tuning parts used in the 2 motors prepared by Suzuki and Nathan Columbi. Both motors have proved fast and reliable, 1170cc capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by nickp View Post
          The bike looks better in the flesh than any of the pictures i have seen! I have been lucky enough to have been involved with the project from its early conception,it has incorporated some real nice twists in the chassis department, the frame is constructed in chrome moly,by a drag race colleague of mine, with subtle geometry alterations compared to standard. I supplied all the non 'Suzuki' engine tuning parts used in the 2 motors prepared by Suzuki and Nathan Columbi. Both motors have proved fast and reliable, 1170cc capacity.
          Do you have any details about the bike ( front fork, wheels, swingarm, shocks etc...) ?
          sigpicJohn Kat
          My bikes: CB 77, GS 1000 ST Cafe Racer with GSXR 1052 engine, GS 1000 ST, XR 41 Replica with GS 1085 engine,
          GS 1100 SZ Katana with GS 1135 EFF engine, KTM Superduke 1290 R 2020

Comment

Originally posted by limeex2 View Post
            Sorry but that bike and pic is better than........
            I'm beginning to think so too......

Nice job nickp !
            sigpic
            83 GS1100g
            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

It never ceases to amaze me who's on this site. Very cool stuff.
              Rob
              1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
              Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Hi Nick, I had a very good look around this bike at the MCN show at the Excel London back in Feb this year and spent a very informative 1/2 hour with Jon from Race Tech about all the work that has gone in to building the bike and the exhausts they make are just a bit tasty. Getting the chance to have a close look showed just how skilled some people are with their hands and the wealth of knowledge that is available when it comes to building quality race bikes. I did ask if we could start it but my request was declined. I also asked the wife if I could sell the house to buy one but she said no... A little harsh I thought.
                Jeff

Living the dream...

1980 GS1000 that has been modestly modified.

Comment

Working...
                X