Gas cap takes too long to open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas cap takes too long to open

Why does BMW make you wait 30 seconds before you can open your gas cap on the keyless GSA?

I understand having to turn the engine off but the wait is lame lol. Do anyone know how to undo this feature?

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
    http://www.r1200gs.info/forum/2-general-chatter/35185-gas-cap-takes-too-long-open.html

Video Animation Services Example

I think you're in the wrong forum bud.

Comment

"Gas Cap Takes to Long to Open"

I know I hate that. Especially when you have to pee!
      My Motorcycles:
      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
      79 1000e (all original)
      82 850g (all original)
      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

IS the tank pressuized? How very odd. Mind you it takes me a long time to turn on the pumps now
        1983 GS 550 LD
        2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Maybe it's a new security feature. You know like the 5 minute time locks at the banks.
          Last edited by Sandy; 06-29-2017, 02:32 PM.
          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

a quote from same forum OP refs

The ignition or "power on" was not the culprit in my case. There was a defect with the cap itself that was the problem. The aluminum tab that engages the locking mechanism and the top of the cap itself would expand when hot and not retract fully to disengage the tab. My dealer stated that they have found this problem on several 2015 GS's with keyless ride. The tolerances on the locking mechanism are too tight on some of the caps. They are replacing the entire cap and associated hardware and re-linking my key to the new cap.
            1983 GS 550 LD
            2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

These spam entries are really very entertaining...
              '83 GS650G
              '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

WTF? Nefarious spamming bastard!
                1983 GS 550 LD
                2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

One of many reasons I like my old "SUZUKI" GS1000.

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
                  a quote from same forum OP refs

The ignition or "power on" was not the culprit in my case. There was a defect with the cap itself that was the problem. The aluminum tab that engages the locking mechanism and the top of the cap itself would expand when hot and not retract fully to disengage the tab. My dealer stated that they have found this problem on several 2015 GS's with keyless ride. The tolerances on the locking mechanism are too tight on some of the caps. They are replacing the entire cap and associated hardware and re-linking my key to the new cap.
                  '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Those BMW guys have high-end issues, LOL!
                    '83 GS650G
                    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

It may be a BMW feature that allows time for eating cheese and drinking wine before waiting for the attendant to pump your gas for you?
                      1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Working...
                      X