No announcement yet.

GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did you get your rear rack and backrest? I have an 82 GS650G and I am looking for a rack and back rest combo so my wife will ride with me.

Comment

That horse wanted to leave the stall.

Comment

Originally posted by Nashzuki View Post
        Where did you get your rear rack and backrest? I have an 82 GS650G and I am looking for a rack and back rest combo so my wife will ride with me.
        Ah.... you asking me...?

I posted picture of a bike I happened to find (the main point of this thread) ... not my bike, have not even met the owner, so, ah, I cant say.

Wait... there is no back rest in the pics.... you a real person....? (maybe the bots have some new tricks).

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Rack looks like a KG brand rack. They made lots of universal racks about that time. I have one I found on eBay. If you search KG in motorcycle parts you will probably find one. Some of them have back rests, but I don't see one on the bike in the picture either. I have seen them here in the classifieds also.

Comment

GS GL seen at the Elks lodge in town.
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I swear I saw GS Scott on I-89 heading south from Waterbury yesterday...
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
              Originally posted by Hayabuser
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Popped out to pick up some new headphones as I am now sharing an office, and couldn't find the free motorcycle parking that used to be near the store so ended up parking a few blocks away. I saw a red GS400E ('83 I think) with a 4 into 1 header parked on the same block. Didn't see the owner, and it was gone when I got back.

There are a few 400/450 models of that age around, but this one didn't look familiar to me

(I really need to pick up a cell phone just for the camera)
                '83 GS650G
                '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

850L Grand Haven Michigan

THis afternoon, about 430, north bound US31 headed toward Grand HAven.

Took me about 4 miles to catch up to you, and did only because stopped at this light (Ferris).
                  But could not get up next to you to get your attention, so I was just sneaky and took a picture.

(NOte to self, hold camera phone closer to window so doesnt focus on window.)

THen a little later you turned west (Rosey Mound), and I was about to turn east (Comstock), but almost diverted to followed you, but then thought I would have to say "...no, not stalking you, just showing interest...."

Nice 850, had some of the L modified out of it. Modified exhaust but not at all loud.
                  82 I suspect.

Dave

(Other note to self: I need to get more GSR cards printed.)
                  Last edited by Redman; 08-23-2016, 08:22 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Just followed a rider on a clean 77 GS750 to the Walgreens at A1A and Palm Valley Rd. Slightly modified but nice. Says he knows of GSR.
                    1980 GS1000E

Comment

Ran across a GS750L with red lettering on the seat, pods and a blued Vance and Hines 4 to 1 at Iron Pony today but didn't see the rider.
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Met a guy today with a 79 850G. Pretty nice with 20K on it. Not a spot of oil or mist on the fins. Needed some assistance on small problems and didn't know about GSR. He does now.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

THen a little later you turned west (Rosey Mound), and I was about to turn east (Comstock), but almost diverted to followed you, but then thought I would have to say "...no, not stalking you, just showing interest...."

Whoa stalker

Comment

I came acrossed a very well broken in 450 L today. This bike looks really rough but I'm happy for it as it obviously gets ridden A LOT! I didn't see the owner and when I came out of the store the bike was gone.

It even had a kicking sound system!
                            Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A
                            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Saw this at the shop when getting my tire installed.
                              2017-03-22 16.54.06.jpg
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I've forgotten about this thread...thanks for posting these sightings!

Ed
                                GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Working...
                                X