No announcement yet.

GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw this guy at the Lowes by my house on Saturday. Anyone on here? It was gone when I came out so I didn`t get to see the owner.
    sigpic1981 gs1000G Black
    1969 Honda Dream Apart and someday will be painted!

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

Comment

I saw a 78 GS1000e yesterday. It was up by Lake Erie on rt6 coming out of Vermilion(west of Cleveland). It looked nice, we made eye contact and I got in a quick beep before we passed each other. By chance a member on here? I should have turned around to at least say hi.
      My Motorcycles:
      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
      79 1000e (all original)
      82 850g (all original)
      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

yesterday at poags hole hillclimb. we took a stroll through the bikes and i counted 4 gs's, all 850's. mostly l's. otherwise it was a sea of unremarkable harleys.

there are a lot of really cool bikes to see here and it's amazing how easy it is to filter the average, run-of-the-mill harlster portley out while perusing.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
        82 gs1100L probably the next project
        1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
        1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

GT380 Grand Haven Michigan

This morning, outside Stanz Café.

Really nice.
          Was half in sun and half in shade, making good picture difficult.

Looked around for owner a bit.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Love the highway pegs! Lol...
            No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
              Love the highway pegs! Lol...
              May not really fit the bike.

But are period correct... like mine.
              Appears that picture posed to show his and mine. But not intentionally.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I was in Germany a week ago and walked by this little number every day. The side cover says "GSX 750, Pure Motorcycle Concept". I guess one of the many European standard models that we never see in North America. The Googles lead me to believe it's commonly called the GSX 750 Inazuma. Looks to have a Bandit engine? Couldn't begin to guess what year it might be.

Charles
                --
                1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

You should have smuggled that baby back with you. What a purposeful looking machine.
                  Suzuki GS550; Kawasaki H-1E, GPz900; Honda MT250, CB400F, CB550, GL500, CBR929.

Comment

Three

and next few postings.

The bikes that rode in and parked around was something of a show in itself

Comment

Spotted this baby at a Lowes store in Springfield Illinois a few days ago. I assume they worked at the store since it was parked so far back in the lot.in sfil 9-26-15.jpg
                      82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                      80 gs1000s

Comment

Got an email today from a Stephen, saying he had heard at the bmw shop that I had a few GS bikes. And wondered if he could come by and see my bikes as he had gotten an 82 1100e this past summer.
                        I told him where I lived and he came by today. Bike needs a little work but it has only 20,000kms (12,000 miles) on it. And had sat for 16 years.
                        I told him to join here and he said he would so I will let him tell his story about how he got the bike. It's a touching one for sure.
                        Great to see another GS back on the road!
                        No signature

Comment

Same ,,but different,,lol

Seen this earlier this year but never thought to post it.
                          Mine is on the ground. Only time it would be on a trailer,,, stolen or broke!!
                          No, not the best pics but get over it.
                          Fred

Comment

Originally posted by fred smailes View Post
                            Same ,,but different,,lol
                            Haa. Interesting.
                            Apparently you were traveling down the road, saw the bike on trailer in parking lot, and stopped for better look... and pictures.
                            Interesting the similarity in fairing and trunk and bags and such.
                            Maybe can say "period correct" from the same period.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                              Haa. Interesting.
                              Apparently you were traveling down the road, saw the bike on trailer in parking lot, and stopped for better look... and pictures.
                              Interesting the similarity in fairing and trunk and bags and such.
                              Maybe can say "period correct" from the same period.

Exactly what happened, even went for a coffee to see if the owner would show,, didn't.
                              Fred

Comment

Originally posted by fred smailes View Post
                                Exactly what happened, even went for a coffee to see if the owner would show,, didn't.
                                Fred
                                He was hiding.Your reputation precedes you.
                                sigpic
                                83 GS1100g
                                2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Working...
                                X