No announcement yet.

GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen one mid-80's GS750E around a few times, and the occasional beater "L," but other than that, nada save my own beast.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

On our tiny Island, almost daily! It's crazy how many GS bikes are here!
      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
        On our tiny Island, almost daily! It's crazy how many GS bikes are here!
        That's because you brought them all in!!! LOL J/K
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
          That's because you brought them all in!!! LOL J/K
          Lol...good one! Yes my 3 GS bikes came from the mainland.
          No signature

Comment

Out for bike night tonight and came across Doug who bought this 78 750 recently in Victoria...told him about gsr so expect to see him soon. Man...another GS in Victoria. Incredible how many are here!

No signature

Comment

Out for bike night tonight and came across Doug who bought this 78 750 recently in Victoria...told him about gsr so expect to see him soon. Man...another GS in Victoria. Incredible how many are here!

... and quite a nice stock original one at that.
              Good that you told him about GSR.
              Did he say about it being a good example of a classic bike (and no mention of a Saws-All)?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

That's just... WOW!
                "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                  I've seen one mid-80's GS750E around a few times, and the occasional beater "L," but other than that, nada save my own beast.
                  Same here, seen a 80/81 1100E around, never been able to chat with him. A few 850s other then that, guess the rest are under something in a barn.
                  sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                  1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                  2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Last night at break time from work I ran into my buddy Jay on his nice G...just another GS in Victoria...

No signature

Comment

Now I know why beer was on my door step this morning...........
                      Rob
                      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                        Now I know why beer was on my door step this morning...........
                        Too funny. I can just picture the fuzzy slippers, the newspaper and the YAY! beer.
                        '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Spotted this nifty little 650e downtown yesterday...don't know if he's a member here or not. Boy they sold a lot of gs bikes here!

No signature

Comment

650E

I Was driving, leaving downtown Grand Haven (Rib Fest, yum yum) with wife and fluffy foo foo doggie in passenger side, with passenger window part down for doggie.....

..... I saw a 650E go by, was silver stock paint, with pipe.... probably Ben "huntb", so followed it. Was on a one way street, I was pulling up next to him at a stop light , trying to put passenger side window down to say hello... but window wasn't going down for some reason.

Light changed, and off he went, turned in different direction than we were going.

Wife was crabbing about loud motorcycle (wasn't that loud) and was trying to put the window up.

Last edited by Redman; 05-23-2015, 03:57 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                              Too funny. I can just picture the fuzzy slippers, the newspaper and the YAY! beer.
                              that's about it Sandy.....it really felt like Christmas! Had the pleasure of working on said bike last week, a real treat. I was never too sure about the black G's but seeing Jay's 80' 1000G now has me convinced, his looks awesome.

Now that is truly a rarity, having 2 1980 Suzuki GS1000G's with Samsonite luggage........
                              Last edited by azr; 05-22-2015, 09:38 PM.
                              Rob
                              1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                              Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                                that's about it Sandy.....it really felt like Christmas! Had the pleasure of working on said bike last week, a real treat. I was never too sure about the black G's but seeing Jay's 80' 1000G now has me convinced, his looks awesome.

Now that is truly a rarity, having 2 1980 Suzuki GS1000G's with Samsonite luggage........
                                I have a fondness for the Black & Gold scheme and you bike has me looking for some samsonite bags.

cg
                                sigpic
                                83 GS1100g
                                2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Working...
                                X