• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good or bad,,,

Comment

sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

a gs1000sz Katana flashed by me going the opposite way two days ago. I haven't seen one of those since my brother traded his in for GS1150eF back in 1984.
        1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Saw a GS of some sort in Englishtown today riding with a Harley, but didn't get a good look.
          The back was bobbed with a single taillight, no signals.
          My first thought was Gordinho 80, a local memder, but again, I didn't get a good look.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

5:45 PM I saw a red 83 1100e in Clinton Tn.
            sigpic1982 gs750e 1186 oil cooled engine USD front mono shock rear
            1994 gsxr1100w
            1981 gs1260dragbike (this one I've owned for29yrs)

Comment

Seems that this is the bike I saw. Gs 850. For sale on CL.... in Englishtown. Only $3000.....
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

GS850G Dan Grands Rapids

Was walking around looking at the hundreds of bikes at Grand Rapids Summer Blues (Tommy Castro last night).

Saw this 850G come in, two up.
                I was thinking 80 or 81. And he parked it right where I was standing, so, I should chat with him, eh. (Too bad my son was not there to call me a dork.)
                He said is an 81 that he has had since new in 82. And the Rifle fairing has been on it most of time since then.
                Also said something about being involved (not too specific as to how) with the dealership that was the Suzuki dealer at that time.
                I think he said his name was Dan (but my memory is suspect).

He said he was familiar with GSR, and consented to a photo to post.
                (His wife was about to walk away with the dinner they had brought in, so we didn't chat much more.)

Last edited by Redman; 06-16-2016, 01:08 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Mrs. Steve and I were on our way to Mr. FoxyBLankworthy's wedding this afternoon.
                  At a light, the driver in the car next to us honked his horn to get our attention.
                  When we looked over, he pointed to our bikes and asked "What year?"
                  I responded "Hers is an '82, mine is an '80." His reply: "Very nice."

Times like that make our efforts worth it.

sigpic
                  mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                  hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                  #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                  #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                  (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    Mrs. Steve and I were on our way to Mr. FoxyBLankworthy's wedding this afternoon.
                    At a light, the driver in the car next to us honked his horn to get our attention.
                    When we looked over, he pointed to our bikes and asked "What year?"
                    I responded "Hers is an '82, mine is an '80." His reply: "Very nice."

Times like that make our efforts worth it.

I hope he got the oil leak fixed in time to ride it from the wedding...
                    Current Bikes:
                    2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Did not get much of a chance to chat with him, but Mrs. Steve and I had the only two bikes there.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                        Oh, .... somehow I thought thier wedding was months ago.
                        I Was going to ask him about it, but did not think of it anytime when I could have asked him ( a social skill I need to work on.)

Good to see GSR represented.
                        Maybe we could have gone-in-together and got him some gasket sealer har har har

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

As I was trying to get my bike ready for my first rally, I drove 20 miles to an auto parts store I found online which happened to have the right size oil drain plug. I told the guy at the counter why I was there and how it was out of my way, and he asks what kind of bike I have. I told him an '82 Suzuki 1100, and he just stares blankly w/o saying anything. I ask what's up, and he says "that's what I ride!" It turns out he bought one GS new back in the early '80s, and picked up an 1100L somewhere along the way. He hadn't heard about the forums so I gave him the link and my email address. Nice guy, it was nice talking to him, and the whole thing sort of gave me confirmation that the rally was a good idea and would be fun.

Unfortunately he's got a couple of jobs and not much time, but hopefully he'll get that L back on the road and hopefully join the forum.

This is a great community, for sure.

Comment

I was headed to Willard, OH to watch their fireworks show and a cookout. Driving through Plymouth I spotted this in a parking lot so I turned around to go back and look. The owner came out of the store and busted me taking this picture. So we sat there and chatted about his bike.
                            He told me that he painted it and had to lower the shocks 1 inch due to being a little on the short side. Bought it 5 years ago and would like a bigger one but very happy with this one. He said it's an '81 450.
                            Attached Files
                            Alan

sigpic
                            Weaned on a '74 450 Honda
                            Graduated to an '82 GS850GL
                            Now riding an '83 GS1100GL
                            Added an '82 GS1100GL

Comment

i wish those could be accessed with roku
                              82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                              80 gs1000s

Comment

Nice 500L, Muskegon MI

Saw this nice 550L in Muskegon yesterday.

amounst the thousands and thousands

I was going to just ride thru all this craziness, just to see the spectical of it all (since it is less than 20 miles away), but saw the nice 550L, so did find a place to park, and walked back to get a picture.

That GS was easy to spot, since it was parked sticking out into the lane of traffic.
                                I did not recognize it from any GSR members in the area that I know. I didnt have any GS cards to leave.
                                I did not hang around to see if some grizzly yah-hoo might knock it over, or if crowd control would move it.

So, Hey, Mr GS550L, anybody here....?

Last edited by Redman; 07-17-2016, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X