No announcement yet.

GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've experienced a peculiar phenomenon in that when we bought a Toyota Camry, we automatically noticed how many Camrys are on the road. Same with other vehicles, it just makes you more aware of how many are out there. Not the case with these bikes though. I'm always looking for GS's, there's just not that many on the road.
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Seems the GS's I see are just barely surviving. Here's another outside the store again.

This had a funky aftermarket choke cable, no turn signal switch, and a few missing shiny parts.

The tag on the frame said 1982 and Im guessing an 1100 E ?? Could definitely use new tires, ugh I can't imagine riding with them this far gone.

Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

One of these days, you'll sight mine Roger lol.
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

I've spotted your bike with a windshield Bill.

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
            Seems the GS's I see are just barely surviving. Here's another outside the store again.

This had a funky aftermarket choke cable, no turn signal switch, and a few missing shiny parts.

The tag on the frame said 1982 and Im guessing an 1100 E ?? Could definitely use new tires, ugh I can't imagine riding with them this far gone.
            Would be interesting to see how well it runs, with the pod filters and cracked up intake boots.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Wow, thats a mess.. looks like an 82 1100e with an old 2 valve mill.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

1100GL Indiana Scott

Hum... no updates in 2 months.

On Justin's & I's way to Brown COunty Thursday, I dont recall where, maybe somewhere betwen Plymoth and Lafeyette, was about to leave gas station when this guy pulls in on 1100GL.
                Justin kinda snickered as he was predicting I would walk over and talk to the the guy. ANy, yep, I did.

THis is Scott.
                He said he was on the forum a lot the first couple years he got the bike (1999?).... "I about lived on there" he said "...and the was this guy Frank that helped me with carburators and valves, and starter and other things"... "now is running so good, I just ride it, change oil and check valves..."

Said he was gonna take a day and half to get to Kentucky. I said he go byw way of Bedord, or even join with us... but he said had plans to meet up with other family for the night.

I did nt think to ask if he remebered his username.

>>>> later update

Dern photbucket..............

Now have pic on Imgur

Last edited by Redman; 07-10-2017, 09:05 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I was northbound on mine about 6pm Sunday, and some guy was southbound on his, and in the fraction of a second we passed I could see SUZUKI on his tank. Silver not original paint, mighta been an 850. But it was in Guyandotte, WV, about 7 miles from my home, and the guy was not wearing much for gear, so I figure he's local.
                  "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

That horse wanted to leave the stall.

Comment

A very nice 78 or 79 750 (I think) pulled alongside me today along Shore Drive in the old Ocean View area along the lower Chesapeake Bay this afternoon. I was on my 850. We gave each other a thumbs up, then he turned off into a neighborhood. First GS I've seen around here in a couple of years.

1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
                      1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

Wow, no reported GS sightings for a little bit there.

I'm attending a conference in Philadelphia, and this 650G caught my eye yesterday:

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

I’ve been occasionally working in Philly for about 8 months. I’ve definitely seen some interesting bikes in town crowded on the corners designated for cycle parking. No GSs yet though.
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

_DSC2712.jpg

Bought this a month ago. 1981 GS1000G. Now in pieces undergoing a full restoration.
                            Gave myself a two yeartime limit

Comment

Originally posted by gdayjr View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]54269[/ATTACH]

Bought this a month ago. 1981 GS1000G. Now in pieces undergoing a full restoration.
                              Gave myself a two yeartime limit
                              So you not only had it in sight to make a "GS sighting", you have it in your possession.

Looks fairly stock. Different bars and custom exhaust, but looks like all stock paint and such.

Comment

Saw a 550 at work today, not a bad looking bike.
                                IMG_20180330_132837.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X