Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saaawwweeeeeeeeet

Comment

See a 1980 Maroon colored GS850G and a Brown 1982 GS1100GK when ever I walk through my garage. It seems like there is a good amount of old bikes on the road here in Minnesota. Probably has something to do with our short riding season. A motorcycle can last a long time here. I'd say at lest 60% of the bikes on the road here are Harley's or Harley look a likes. What catches my eye is a old UJM with a Vetter fairing on it. I seen a really nice Blue GS650 and a Black GS850G-L (?) that looked pretty good too at a local dealer. They were gone on my next vist.

Comment

Re: GS in Columbus, OH

On the subject of waving. My wife was just complaining about this yesterday. She rides a Suzuki Bergman 400. She said she was amazed at the amount of guys riding big Harleys that will not give her a wave back. I told her that they're most likely weekend outlaws. They bought that Harley two years ago and have only rode it 5 times and they are afraid to let go of grip to wave. But you'd think the trouphy wife on the back would wave. Hmmmm, I guess she's holding on for dear life. JMHO.
        Originally posted by crc1214
        Very nice early 80's GS 750? in columbus, OH. Turning left at the light at 62 and Stygler Rd. Saw it on my way to "the Rice Paddy" to pick up some parts for my very nice 78 GS550E. Wish I would have been on my bike. I would have done a u-turn and rode with him for a while.

With Ohio being one of the biggest motorcycling states, I thought I would surely see more old GS's out on the streets. Unfortunately, we have a lot of Harley nuts around here though. I have to give them credit though, about 90% give the wave as you pass on the road, and I have even had one at the gas station complement me on my bike.

Chad
        1978 GS550E Columbus, OH IN SEARCH OF OTHER CLASSIC GS'S TO RIDE IN COLUMBUS AND THE HILLS OF SOUTHERN OHIO WITH.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Hobbit
          On the subject of waving. My wife was just complaining about this yesterday. She rides a Suzuki Bergman 400. She said she was amazed at the amount of guys riding big Harleys that will not give her a wave back.
          They buy the attitude along with the bike. We just had our semi-annual Hill Country ride down here and for the most part the Harley riders all waved. But then on the roads we ride they're the oddballs.

Comment

Around here a large percentage of people wave reguardless of what they"re riding. I have even had Banditos wave back.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mdole
              Around here a large percentage of people wave reguardless of what they"re riding. I have even had Banditos wave back.

Mike
              A couple crotch rockets gave me a one-finger wave yesterday on I-84 in Oregon. Does that count?

I gave 0.0001 seconds of thought into chasing them in my new 1100. Nu-unh.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by mopolopo

Mike
                A couple crotch rockets gave me a one-finger wave yesterday on I-84 in Oregon. Does that count?

Michael
                I chased down a guy on a new Suzuki 600 crotch rocket the other day just because of the look he gave me as he past my OLD 1100E. He has a new appriciation for age both the bike and me. It was one of those 'let me smoke this old bike and make him feel like he is inferior'. HA! I have a student that has a 900 that may need a lesson too.

Comment

Originally posted by mopolopo

Mike

Michael
                  they were just letting you know that you were still the number 1 on the road

Comment

Those HD drivers that dont acknowledge a wave will usually reply to a simple single finger greeting. :-) :-)

Earl

[quote="Evil Hobbit"
                    On the subject of waving. My wife was just complaining about this yesterday. She rides a Suzuki Bergman 400. She said she was amazed at the amount of guys riding big Harleys that will not give her a wave back. I told her that they're most likely weekend outlaws. They bought that Harley two years ago and have only rode it 5 times and they are afraid to let go of grip to wave.
                    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Hobbit
                      On the subject of waving. My wife was just complaining about this yesterday. She rides a Suzuki Bergman 400. She said she was amazed at the amount of guys riding big Harleys that will not give her a wave back. I told her that they're most likely weekend outlaws. They bought that Harley two years ago and have only rode it 5 times and they are afraid to let go of grip to wave. But you'd think the trouphy wife on the back would wave. Hmmmm, I guess she's holding on for dear life. JMHO.
                      Originally posted by crc1214
                      Very nice early 80's GS 750? in columbus, OH. Turning left at the light at 62 and Stygler Rd. Saw it on my way to "the Rice Paddy" to pick up some parts for my very nice 78 GS550E. Wish I would have been on my bike. I would have done a u-turn and rode with him for a while.

With Ohio being one of the biggest motorcycling states, I thought I would surely see more old GS's out on the streets. Unfortunately, we have a lot of Harley nuts around here though. I have to give them credit though, about 90% give the wave as you pass on the road, and I have even had one at the gas station complement me on my bike.

Chad
                      1978 GS550E Columbus, OH IN SEARCH OF OTHER CLASSIC GS'S TO RIDE IN COLUMBUS AND THE HILLS OF SOUTHERN OHIO WITH.
                      Just passed about 50 HD and metric twin riders on Saturday. What I noticed is that some of the weekend warriors just lift their fingers off the clutch to wave. Myself, could care less who waves at me. I wave at any person that rides.

Brad

Comment

[quote=earlfor]Those HD drivers that dont acknowledge a wave will usually reply to a simple single finger greeting. :-) :-)

Earl

[quote="Evil Hobbit"
                        On the subject of waving. My wife was just complaining about this yesterday. She rides a Suzuki Bergman 400. She said she was amazed at the amount of guys riding big Harleys that will not give her a wave back. I told her that they're most likely weekend outlaws. They bought that Harley two years ago and have only rode it 5 times and they are afraid to let go of grip to wave.[/quote]

Some of the Harley riders I know won't even wave to Sporster riders as they don't consider them real Harleys, and they talk about Vrods being #### Kawasakis. These are the minority but you do run into the attitudes.

Mike

Comment

Man I have been seeing them all over the place daily. I need to take a scratch pad and pen with me if I am going to record them all. There is a lot of running GS's in my area.

I passed two going the other way just on my way home yesterday. Couldn't get a real good look at either but the one was a GS650.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar
                            Man I have been seeing them all over the place daily. I need to take a scratch pad and pen with me if I am going to record them all. There is a lot of running GS's in my area.

I passed two going the other way just on my way home yesterday. Couldn't get a real good look at either but the one was a GS650.
                            I was in Tipp City, OH and saw one at a intersection. I wished I could have taken a closer look. I appeared to be a brown GS750. Anyone from Tipp City?

Comment

Well I Got A Few More

I was in town tonight at Zerns picking up some beverages
                              and in the parking lot was a Black GS850G in gorgeous
                              condition with 45k on it. I left a note on his seat between
                              it and the tank about the forum. Not sure of the year.
                              So when I got back home I was planning on a ride anyway
                              so I took my camera with me to take a picture of it.

I came back into town with my camera and on the way in
                              saw this GS550L not sure what year as well. Here are
                              pictures of both.

As I was taking those pics of the 850 the owner walked
                              up.

He is a really nice guy and didn't mind at all. Boy was I glad
                              I talked with him a bit and he told me about a few of his other
                              bikes which I will not expound on in case he decides to join us
                              and would like to tell his own story It turns out that although
                              he lives in another town he actually bought the 850 you see
                              here only one block or so away at a local cycle shop right on
                              72 here in Manheim. Small world His name is Jeff and I
                              don't want to say to much as that is up to him to divulge more
                              or less info on himself. He asked if I was going to post this and
                              I said yes if it was OK with him. He said OK. Hope you see
                              your bike up on the web Jeff and join us!

Comment

Great story Mark, nice pics.

Comment

Working...
                                X