No announcement yet.

GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rob, you're always right...no matter what the heck you're talking about.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
      Rob, you're always right...no matter what the heck you're talking about.
      RD250? Or RD350? (It shares the scene with Bruce. They both have the same number of lines.)
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

On my drive home today I saw a 750T in the wild in the land of milk and honey (Bernardsville NJ). It looked well used, but all there and good looking with its original black and grey tank. I gave the rider the thumbs up, but he didn't see. I was happy to see an ole GS out and about.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
          On my drive home today I saw a 750T in the wild in the land of milk and honey (Bernardsville NJ). It looked well used, but all there and good looking with its original black and grey tank. I gave the rider the thumbs up, but he didn't see. I was happy to see an ole GS out and about.
          That's cool!
          I saw a 750T a few years ago in Espanola, NM. Nice looking too. These days you're more likely to see an old Honda CB, Yamaha XS or KZ, but they're usually cut up, bobbed out or cafe'd to an almost unreecognizable degree.
          Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Joe's sighting in Hawaii

Originally posted by Joe Garfield View Post
            The first GS I’ve seen in the 4.5 years I’ve lived in Hawaii! The owner is not a forum member. He bought it here and fixed it up a bit, maintaining original parts except upgrading to electronic ignition, a custom but matching seat, and a 1980’s gauge cluster to have a fuel level indicator. Considering he found it withering away on an island it’s in pretty good shape!

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
              Joe's sighting in Hawaii

Thanks Dave, I forgot there was a thread for that. That bike was by Koko Kai Beach Park on O'ahu. The owner found it 'abandoned' on the island. The PO couldn't get it running, apparently it just needed the points cleaned or something. It looks pretty good, especially for an island bike. Although I can't imagine riding on 35 year old shocks...

Comment

A3F8885E-AFA2-41C9-9A2A-EB3482E8BCE4.jpg GS sighting in Muskegon.
                saw it from a distance as passing bye. Came back that way later and was still there.

I guess it to be an 81.
                can’t tell so much from the picture, but standing there could see was all original paint, and all there (except headlight , t/signals).
                Paint and striping only a little faded. But is all original.

while I was there a guy stepped out.
                he said this was his shop that he works on bikes and other stuff. Siad he is retired and does hobby stuff there too. Said the bike was a friends of his that doesn’t ride much anymore, bike had been parked for a couple years. He got it running so friend can let other family members use it. He was stepping out for the day, but invited me to stopp in anytime and see if he was there. Which I think I will do (but don’t go to Muskegon much.)

I mentioned GSResources a couple times be he didn’t seemed interested.

he said owner kept side panels so didn’t loose them in the trailer transit.
                Last edited by Redman; 08-24-2022, 03:23 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                X