No announcement yet.

BUILDING AN I.C.B.M. KATANA 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been tryin to find a cheap gear display but the new digi's are 80 plus bucks. so I found an old 1100 es set of clocks and thought I would have a look inside and what do you know. I pulled out the shift shift counter and I am mounting it.

I am making up a braket and am just going to finish it in flat black. it is a nice small fully enclosed plastic housing just like the digi8 and blugs directly into my 1100 es gear counter on the motor.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

I've thought about getting a single digit display from an electronics parts house to use for a gear display.

BTW, I am about to start a ground up rebuild of my bike. I'll start a thread on it later. Not much will go untouched on it. Every ounce of weight I can eliminate without having to use titanium is going to go. New suspension front and rear, frame bracing, and engine mods. In the engine department I've got parts I've had on the shelf for years waiting to be used. Cosworth 12:1 pistons with Total Seal Gapless rings and V&H cams that are almost identical spec-wise to Yosh Stage 1 cams. I keep watching for a set of forged rods but that's probably just wishful thinking. I have a 750 crank I'll send out for lightening and balancing. I'll have the head freshened up while it's off. It was done not too many miles ago so it should be in decent shape. I had some porting done at the time and all new valves installed.

It will be one of those long drawn out projects.

Comment

Billy,

If you find one of those dig deplays let me know. I am also on the hunt for a very small digi oil pressure guage. not much bigger than the gear counter.

look forward to your build.

ON ANOTHER NOTE

I have sent the flatslides back to california to Mikuni America for sorting out. I could not get them working @F/T between 6&8k. they just would not work.
        They are doing a flow test and will Let me know of the results. what a pain carbs are.
        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

it's finished and working.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

8)

Comment

chock one up for MIKUNI.....

I sent them my flatslides..cuzzzzzz..they didn't work. Got a call today adn they are sending me a brand new set.

I was told originally that wouldn't happen....what do ya know??

I'm happy.
              KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Originally posted by katman
                chock one up for MIKUNI.....

I sent them my flatslides..cuzzzzzz..they didn't work. Got a call today adn they are sending me a brand new set.

I was told originally that wouldn't happen....what do ya know??

I'm happy.
                That's great, now if I could just get Pep Boys to send me the $100 rebate card they have owed me for 7 months I'd be happy too.

Comment

I am impressed considering I have had these carbs for 8 months..
                  KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

I once had a problem locating a Heli-coil kit in a 7mm thread size. I called Heli-coil and told them of my problem and they sent me an entire kit for free. That was way more help than I had anticipated.

Comment

Probably their bad and they did the right thing. maybe someone out there is reading your thread. All your out is some time and elbow grease. But you know that this set of fuelers are going to be kick ass.

Hope you get out again on it before the winter sets in.
                      1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
                      1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

bump...for good winter reading.

Comment

welding up a new bandit 1200 swingarm. using new eye mount works shocks and I have had some custom clevis adapters made. they thread right onto my shocks since they have ride height adjustment.

I am also in the middle of fabbing an 06 rear rotor, armless hanger and caliper. the rotor is quite small which I didn't realize when I bought it so ended up having to buy the hanger and caliper too. Getting rid of the polished wheels and going with black instead. Like the look better.

I picked up a 750 kat rolling chasis so I have plenty to do this winter. I will probably sell it when I am done throwing in an 1100 motor.
                          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

I agree with your remark about black wheels... I think if you go making them attention-getting things, then they detract 'the eye' from the overall classic Katana form. Arrgh, whatever it is, black wheels just look better -- in my humble opinion!

Mike.

Comment

Nice bike katman, Any more progress on It? Or how about some photos If You finished It ot the underseat heater, At least since the collar bone incident. Hopefully You won't break anymore of them, As I found one to be more than enough.

Oh and how is the ride versus stock on the GS1100SD?

Comment

PIcked up a much needed wheel base stretcher....

Last edited by katman; 07-03-2006, 05:35 AM.
                                KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Working...
                                X