BUILDING AN I.C.B.M. KATANA 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUILDING AN I.C.B.M. KATANA 1100

NOTICE: I have changed servers and all the pics have been erased. I am in the process of finding and uploading as many pics as I can but will take a bit of time.... ENJOY.

Visit my website (link below) for lots of tech info and pics.

This is a full extensive performance and suspension build of an 83 1100 katana.

The other two bikes are sold. Makes me sad................BUT.. on to new things.

Making some changes on this round. Firstl..I am bracing the frame a little and changing the torque link mount to the frame as shown in pic. and a couple of gussets as shown.

I also have put bolts in all thread holes to protect the threads when it is blasted before coating it.

THE BEGINNING
    THE END
    Last edited by katman; 03-17-2009, 04:29 PM.
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Find a motor yet?

Comment

yeh,

this bike had an original motor
      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

I also sold my 1100 gsxr front end with the kat. I am going with a 750 front end this time with a CBR954 triples. they are a drop triple and look pretty kool. Especially a vortec top triple.
        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Picked up a top end oiler. Think I may locate some billet cam links to go with it.
          Last edited by katman; 06-12-2007, 03:16 PM.
          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Hrm... 954's have dropped triples?

Now that's interesting. I wonder how long the 954 fork is, and whether it would be a suitable drop in frontend to keep ground clearance and geometry.

Comment

they fit the gsxr 750 fork...

the 954 fork is tooooooooooo short. Shorter than the 750's
              KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Rock on Katman!

Success to you this time around!

Comment

Very interesting,

I guess those rubber blocks are a lot thicker than the plate you'll be using. Is there a specific welding rod you plan on using? I'm considering putting gussets on my 1100 where you've shown as well as up around the upper shock mounts. My reason is to allow for a higher payload but I guess you're after a more rigid frame for racing?

I'm mounting boxes that will weigh 30 pounds each and carry another 60 pounds each. They're no heavier than a passenger but the human body is fluid so it doesn't pound the frame as hard as the boxes will on bumps.

Cheers, Steve

Comment

Hey Steve,

those aren't rubber. They are the box steel I am using 1' rectangular cut to fit. just smaller than tubing.
                    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Damn, Katman.

If I could afford it, I'd pay you to build me an 1100. Some sweet work and sweet ideas come out of your garage. And I love the 1100E/EF bikes.

Comment

looks liek its gonna turn out great, i cant wait to see the progress..later, Richie

Comment

I mocked up the gsxr running gear and lined up the 180.

Last edited by katman; 06-12-2007, 03:24 PM.
                          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

almost have the bracing done and the new hole for the brake link. I replaced the cross bar that the battery bolts to with a 1x1 square tubing. I also incorperated a nut into the bar so the battery will bolt back in. Also had to grind a bit for clearance of battery box.

Will be done this weekend...then off to get it welded up...then off to powder coating.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

here is where I decided to locate the brake link. I drilled a hole and put in a sleeve which I will be welding on the back side exactly like the motor mount sleeved above it.

I went with a bracket on the swing arm on the last one but thought I would try it this way this time.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Working...
                              X