1150 cams in an 1100 *DONE*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1150 cams in an 1100 *DONE*

I've read a lot about this and heard conflicting numbers relating to valve lift, duration etc. from each of these cams. Here are the numbers that I measured when I did this swap. These numbers were measured on the valve.

GS 1100

Intake:
    Duration - 228.25 degrees
    Lift - 0.293"

Exhaust
    Duration - 231 degrees
    Lift - 0.277"

GS 1150

Intake:
    Duration - 227.5 degrees
    Lift - 0.313"

Exhaust:
    Duration - 221.5 degrees
    Lift - 0.297"

I degreed the cams to 104/106. There is noticably more torque down low and the top end is similar but doesn't feel like it's hitting the limiter too soon as it used to (power stops building). I'm equating this to the fact that the power was moved lower which is logical.

Hope this info helps someone,
    Nick

Same info as here on lift. Those 1100 cams are your stock ESD right? Apparently the GS1100 manuals are wrong and all the ED/ESD/SD are all 7.5/7mm (In/Ex) or 0.295/0.276"

Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

Comment

I am not sure if it is stock or not. When I removed the valve cover the stock intake sprocket had been slotted so the PO might have put a different cam in it. I'm not sure. I slotted the exhaust sprocket.

I found information saying that 1150 cams were ~0.330 lift. Just wanted to make this post to confirm what they are (or are not). I was thinking maybe the 0.330 was measured at the valve and 8mm is the height of the cam lobe (listed in the manual), however the measurement is, in fact, the displacement of the valve. I'm not sure where people were coming up with 0.330.

Also, for reference, when I checked the lobe centers of the 1100 cams they were at 106/104
      Last edited by Guest; 04-25-2010, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholaschase29 View Post
        . I was thinking maybe the 0.330 was measured at the valve and 8mm is the height of the cam lobe (listed in the manual), however the measurement is, in fact, the displacement of the valve. I'm not sure where people were coming up with 0.330.

The 8.0mm is listed in the manual as "valve lift", not lobe height. There is a 1.5:1 ratio so you would have to be way off to confuse the two.

Comment

Working...
        X