Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

78gs1000 530 chain conversion - best sizes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

78gs1000 530 chain conversion - best sizes?

My chain is shot, therefore am looking at the 530 conversion. There are a lot of posts, but I am confused. Also, the Gearing Commander site does not have the gs1000 in their database.

I called Z1. They suggested that a 17 tooth front with 49 tooth rear, and a 6mm spacer is what I need. They said it called for a 114 link chain but suggested ordering a 116, and a coupling link.

Would this set up be ideal? I would like it to be at least as torquey or a little mor torquey than stock.

They did not have gold or colored chains to go with the upgrade.

It's not a big issue, but does anyone know where I could get a compatible high quality (resonably priced) chain in gold or orange?
    82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
    80 gs1000s

Originally posted by Gregory View Post
    My chain is shot, therefore am looking at the 530 conversion. There are a lot of posts, but I am confused. Also, the Gearing Commander site does not have the gs1000 in their database.

I called Z1. They suggested that a 17 tooth front with 49 tooth rear, and a 6mm spacer is what I need. They said it called for a 114 link chain but suggested ordering a 116, and a coupling link.

Would this set up be ideal? I would like it to be at least as torquey or a little mor torquey than stock.

They did not have gold or colored chains to go with the upgrade.

It's not a big issue, but does anyone know where I could get a compatible high quality (resonably priced) chain in gold or orange?
    Go with Z1s recommendations, they have this down pat. As for the chain, you can order a color chain from any of the manufactures in the 530 length you need. I got my chain a tad longer just like they said, it gives you that margin of error. Think I ended up cutting out about 4 links.
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
    X