X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sam000lee View Post
    Some pictures from camping over the weekend on my GS450:

Found this dirt road covered in snow:

I think I might have been a little to eager with the camping in April. Dropped below freezing around 2am.

Getting ready to try to make it back down the hill:

Broke down somewhere in the Hudson Valley:

It was my `Ignition' (Toggle) switch. Vibrations killed it and cut my power so I had to take it apart and reassemble (twice actually). A guy on a BMW stopped to make sure everything was okay but I was back up in ~20 minutes or so.

Did a good 400 miles but I wish it was more.

What an awesome share!!! Thanks for doing so!

The GS450 is such an awesome little versatile bikes. For roughing adventures like that it almost seems less is more.

Glad to see you managed to get it back in one piece!
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
      What an awesome share!!! Thanks for doing so!

The GS450 is such an awesome little versatile bikes. For roughing adventures like that it almost seems less is more.

Glad to see you managed to get it back in one piece!
      I love my GS450 and definitely wouldn't have been able to get to my camp site on a larger bike. I actually had the bike OFF and was pushing it over ice for about 40 yards since giving it any gas was just spinning the wheel ahaha. You get tossed around by the wind a little on the highway which gets tiring after 2 hours but on the smaller roads it's perfect.

One more from the top of the `Taconic Trail'

1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
      1977 GS550
      1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

Some pictures from camping over the weekend on my GS450:
        ........ did 400 miles ..
        I am IMmm-PRrrres-ED.

Not only that you were out for ride, ... but camp overnight.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Take a bow, Brother.
          Riding and camping in the cold and road side repairs earn you a couple Merit Badges.
          Keep us up on the next adventure.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I went to the library (it's half a block south of this tattoo shop) ten miles away.
            I ran out of gas (curse the teeny tiny tank of my 650GL). But I was literally across the intersection from the gas station I was heading to. Twenty feet of pushing and I was able to fill up.

Also, I found a quarter. Woot!

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Another Brisk but gorgeous ride today after work...

And a little 0-60+++ run Not bad for a Harley!
              Last edited by Jedz123; 04-19-2017, 08:20 AM.
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I love my GS450 and definitely wouldn't have been able to get to my camp site on a larger bike. I actually had the bike OFF and was pushing it over ice for about 40 yards since giving it any gas was just spinning the wheel ahaha. You get tossed around by the wind a little on the highway which gets tiring after 2 hours but on the smaller roads it's perfect.

One more from the top of the `Taconic Trail'

as you can probably tell many of us are envious of your early spring camping trip. is that in the taconics in new york? kinda near albany?
                2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                82 gs1100L probably the next project
                1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                  as you can probably tell many of us are envious of your early spring camping trip. is that in the taconics in new york? kinda near albany?
                  Haha well I couldn't wait. Yup, about three hours from me it's one of my go to moto destinations. I'm planning on camping LOTS this spring/summer/fall if anybody has any greater New England suggestions
                  1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
                  1977 GS550

Comment

Haha well I couldn't wait. Yup, about three hours from me it's one of my go to moto destinations. I'm planning on camping LOTS this spring/summer/fall if anybody has any greater New England suggestions
                    Come up to Vermont!!! Ask any NE GSR member, I'll put you up in my yard but drive good Vermont brew and food in ya. I could also give you a guided ride and have some real fun riding around.
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

I mowed the lawn today. Mowing involves dragging the scooter out of the shed.
                      With the lawn done, I hosed the shed gunk off of the scooter that accumulated over the winter then cruised around the block a bit.

Behold my manliness !!
                      http://
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

So there's a life-sized pink elephant about a mile from my house.

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Hey Glen,

That type of bike is great in cities like Rome, Italy.

And Kerry, so I'm thinking there's more pink elephants on parade...Or was that in the Disney movie, Dumbo?

Ed
                          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                            I mowed the lawn today. Mowing involves dragging the scooter out of the shed.
                            With the lawn done, I hosed the shed gunk off of the scooter that accumulated over the winter then cruised around the block a bit.

Behold my manliness !!
                            http://
                            Awesome!! Little bikes are the best!!!
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                              Come up to Vermont!!! Ask any NE GSR member, I'll put you up in my yard but drive good Vermont brew and food in ya. I could also give you a guided ride and have some real fun riding around.
                              Sounds awesome! I'm really excited to get up into VT more this year...
                              1977 GS550

Comment

Spring is finally here
                                Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
                                2000 Kawasaki Concours
                                Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Working...
                                X