MotorcycleCloseouts.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MotorcycleCloseouts.com

I did a search and didn't get any hits so I apologize if this place has been posted before. I was looking for some track-day boots (actually ordered a pair of Sidi B-2 Race Boots from NewEnough.com for $220 which was cheaper than I found anywhere else) and came across this place. I found this pair of Oxtar TCS Sport Racing Boots for $119 and $10 shipping.

I ordered these too. I think they are superior to the Sidi boots that were $100 more. The Oxtars seem to have more sturdy construction and a better system (Torsion Control System) to help prevent ankle injuries. They also fit me better that the Sidi's (wider in the toe area). I looked at a lot of boots and you won't touch any boot near this quality for a price like this. The Sidi boots will be going back to NewEnough. Just browsing the site today I saw HJC AC-11 helmets for $99. This place is an actual store in Kansas City. I was there a last year, so you know it isn't some guy working out of his basement. One thing to be aware of is that there aren't any refunds. You can exchange but NO REFUNDS!

Here's a link: http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/

Thanks,
    Joe
    IBA# 24077
    '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
    '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
    '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

That is a great place!Cheap!Good find.
    It is not who is right, but what is right, that is of importance. - Thomas Huxley

Comment

I really like this store since it's just 30 minutes from my house.It's a nice place to shop on a rainy day and the guy's that work there are great!I will go there first before I buy any where else.I like the idea of being able to try on stuff before I buy it.

Comment

Yet again, I am humbled and enlightened by a pearl of wisdom from Master Joe.

Late last summer, I lost one of my beloved FirstGear SuperTech gloves. For some reason, these gloves fit my gnarled paws better than any other glove. They worked well for me in a wide range of temperatures, and the small gel insert in the palm worked wonders for comfort without ever interfering with control feel.

I've been inconsolable since the loss, and I've turned the house and garage upside-down looking for the missing left glove. I've purchased three other pairs of gloves (I'm not kidding), unsuccessully looking for that perfect combination of fit and function. I bought my original pair on closeout at the end of 2003, so I feared I would never again experience The Perfect Gloves.

Today, I am made whole again. For Joe has provided a link to the one vendor with these gloves in stock.

Blue, XL, just like my first pair. Just $29.99. I damn near cried.

Thanks, Master Joe!

I think I'm definitely going to have to make it to a track day with you and Ryan this summer for even more wisdom...
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

I visited the store a couple of times. When I was shopping for a jacket I stopped by on a Wednesday afternoon about 30 minutes before they closed. They were not interested in helping me. I looked through their jackets for a few minutes while they all huddled around the front desk and tried to avoid eye contact. What's frustrating about this is that I new exactly which jackets I wanted to try on and if they had bothered to ask, I could have been out of there quickly without wasting anyones time.
          When I finally approached them for help, told them what size and models of jackets I wanted to try, they told me they didn't have them in stock. They were on the website and they informed me that if I ordered one of their closeout jackets and took it back to them at the store, or shipped it back via the website, they definately would not refund or exchange it.

I have since bought most of my gear through NewEnough, and have found them to be much more professional and courteous. When I had a minor problem with newenough, they bent over backwards to make it right.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
            I visited the store a couple of times. When I was shopping for a jacket I stopped by on a Wednesday afternoon about 30 minutes before they closed. They were not interested in helping me. I looked through their jackets for a few minutes while they all huddled around the front desk and tried to avoid eye contact. What's frustrating about this is that I new exactly which jackets I wanted to try on and if they had bothered to ask, I could have been out of there quickly without wasting anyones time.
            When I finally approached them for help, told them what size and models of jackets I wanted to try, they told me they didn't have them in stock. They were on the website and they informed me that if I ordered one of their closeout jackets and took it back to them at the store, or shipped it back via the website, they definately would not refund or exchange it.

I have since bought most of my gear through NewEnough, and have found them to be much more professional and courteous. When I had a minor problem with newenough, they bent over backwards to make it right.
            That's strange cause I always go up there on Saturday morning when they open and they are always willing to help me and even gave me a discount on a jacket i bought that was a different color than the rest.I Will continue to go there till they pull that on me.i just like being able to see and try on what Im buying first.The only other place i would trust is new enough!

Comment

I think they were hoping I would go away so they could go home.

Comment

That's probably what happened.

Comment

I would be very cautious in buying from Motorcycle Closeouts because of their no refunds policy. Also, the customer always pays shipping, regardless of the circumstances. I have bought a couple of pair of gloves from them when I could be reasonably certain that they would fit.

I recently was interested in a FirstGear Baron leather jacket in size large. I am that size according to the FirstGear sizing chart. Motorcycle Closeouts web site states that "This jacket runs pretty true to size for most people". Not wanting to take any chances, I sent them an email with my measurements and asked them to confirm that the jacket would fit. They replied that the jacket sizes run small and it would not fit. This is in contradiction to the info on the site describing the jacket.

If I had bought the jacket based on the information on their site and it was too small, I would have had to return it at my expense but would not have received a refund. There are no other sizes available, so I couldn't exchange it for a larger size. They would have kept my $200, and I would have been forced to buy something else that I really didn't need or want to get something back for my $200.

Motorcycle Closeouts doesn't compare in any way with Newenough, which is a first class customer oriented business. I wouldn't buy anything from Motorcycle Closeouts unless there are no questions about the product and the fit is certain. I think that their policies and practices are substandard. Buying clothing over the internet is not ideal because you can't see it or try it on first. When a seller like Newenough has liberal return and refund policies this remedies these concerns, but if you are screwed by policies like those of Motorcycle Closeouts that keep your money and force you to buy something else it isn't worth the risk.

Comment

That is why I walk into the store to buy.I would not buy from anyone over the internet that has a no return policy..Dealers stick you with high prices and there is not enough stores you can walk into to buy the things we need.

Comment

Great experience with Motorcycle Closeouts

I purchased a Fieldsheer Monza 2 jacket last winter. One thing you may want to do is check out Motorcyclegearrevew.com before you buy. This site is very helpful in most cases. I love the jacket and had no worries based on the product reviews.

Check it out and see what you think!

Comment

Working...
                      X