New old Superbike racing!!! SO COOL!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New old Superbike racing!!! SO COOL!!!

Ok...that does it...I gotta go to Japan now!!! We need this here!!!

So cool...enjoy.

No signature

Great video Trevor! That is about as cool as it gets. What a treat for me to see my favourite R come in first followed by my next favourite MK2! lol But what was most impressive was the enthusiasm shown by not just the participants, but by the fans too. What a thrill it must be to go to a track to see and hear those fire-breathers in action.
    IBA# 12860
    Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
    1984 KZ1100R
    2008 Kawasaki KLR650
    2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Originally posted by eddie21 View Post
      Great video Trevor! That is about as cool as it gets. What a treat for me to see my favourite R come in first followed by my next favourite MK2! lol But what was most impressive was the enthusiasm shown by not just the participants, but by the fans too. What a thrill it must be to go to a track to see and hear those fire-breathers in action.
      I knew you would appreciate of any one Glenn!!
      No signature

Comment

Very interesting in many ways. When they interviewed the man about his k1000 build, I wondered why there were English words on his bike and shirt.
        The comment he made about the seat, that it was flat and more difficult to ride than a racing seat, I'll back that up. Pulling out of a turn and nailing the throttle you're really pulled back and it gets so hard to hang on you can almost bend the handlebars, and cramp your thighs. It's a real bummer to get a serious thigh cramp on the race track.
        After I modded my GSX750 Katana seat with a racing cowl and pad, I learned to just let myself slide into that and lighten up on pulling the bars and pushing the pegs.
        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Very cool video, Trevor!
          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Japan is long been on my list of web pages to visit. and those races have been going on for a few years now. Even bike building is way ahead of anything ive seen. Example is that Kawa which is 10 yrs old. Alloy frame and down draft intakes on the head.

Comment

Amazing bikes! And a great idea!

Ed
              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
              GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
              Originally posted by GSXR7ED
              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Well all my 2 bikes are over 1000cc, and I like them mo-betta. However at the AHRMA 3 day long race event I visited, liter 80s bikes were not the most popular by far. Many olde twins and some tripples. The below 400cc groups had many-times more riders.
                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

These are some gorgeous builds!

One day....*dreams of a liter bike*
                  #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
                  #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
                  #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
                  #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Pah, must be rigged - the kat was 3rd.... LOL

I think this kind of racing is scheduled every other weekend at the local 1/4 mile oval Meridian raceway... NOT!!

Seriously, great find Trevor. Spooky the first guy mentioned in the "roll of honour" was Wes Cooley eh?

Enjoyed that...
                    It's smoke that make electronic components work.
                    Every time I've let the smoke out by mistake, they never work again.
                    '80 GS250T... long gone... And back!
                    '86 Honda Bol D'Or... very sadly long gone
                    '82 GS1000SZ
                    '82 GS1100GL
                    '01 Honda CBR1100XX BlackBird

Comment

I get no video. Those bikes are stunning! check out the frame bracing on the GS. I would love to see the body work off. People race the smaller bikes because there are more available and cheaper to buy, race and maintain. The larger displacement bikes were and are still expensive to run and are a handful to ride.
                      Last edited by limeex2; 02-05-2017, 11:29 PM.
                      Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                      Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                      Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Wow! There are some cool bikes in there. I think it speaks volumes to how these machines were built.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                          Well all my 2 bikes are over 1000cc, and I like them mo-betta. However at the AHRMA 3 day long race event I visited, liter 80s bikes were not the most popular by far. Many olde twins and some tripples. The below 400cc groups had many-times more riders.
                          Interesting point! My 2 bikes are 1000+ cc also. I remember looking at specs after I got my '82 1100 and seeing there wasn't as big of a bump in performance from the 650 as I would have thought, especially when you consider the difference in weight. I also was recently looking at specs of the R6 and was amazed at the power - albeit at 14,000+ rpm. On a track I can imagine the lighter bikes being a blast to ride. On the street I'm just fine spending more time quietly in the lower gears. I also appreciate the 100lb drop from the '82 1100 to my '16 1000.
                          Last edited by Guest; 03-20-2017, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X