Still Won't Idle! I think I'm done.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UncleMike View Post
    I do believe you were standing just a few yards away when it was taken!
    I'll be standing in that location in less than a month!
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I've read this whole thread, I just wanted to congratulate you Mike on not giving up!! Valve clearances should ALWAYS be checked initially before any other tuning occurs..

Valve clearance checked, all bolt torque checked, carb clean/sync.

I'm glad to hear you got it running and didn't give up! For a guy who didn't have any mechanical abilities I'm sure you learned a lot now..

Take care

Comment

I love that this thread lives on.
        It has been 10 years since this thread started and it's still helping people. Just read the entire thread and it was incredibly helpful! I've learned more reading this thread than I have in the past year. So glad it had a happy ending and thank you to everyone for all the useful information!

Cheers,
        Jimmy

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyleonard View Post
          It has been 10 years since this thread started and it's still helping people. Just read the entire thread and it was incredibly helpful! I've learned more reading this thread than I have in the past year. So glad it had a happy ending and thank you to everyone for all the useful information!

Cheers,
          Jimmy
          That's great, Jimmy! I'm so glad my folly is still providing benefit!

Comment

Wow. Talk about resurrecting a thread (and poster) from the dead.

Been a while since any hookers have disappeared around here.....
            Last edited by Griffin; 01-12-2016, 04:42 PM.
            sigpic

SUZUKI:
            1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
            HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
            KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
            YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
              Wow. Talk about resurrecting a thread (and poster) from the dead.

Been a while since any hookers have disappeared around here.....
              That's because I already took care of them all.

Been busy, but still chugging along with the 1150. Started doing test-drives of cars a while back too - just started producing video reviews of them too! Been fun. Good to hear from ya, Griff!

Comment

That's because I already took care of them all.

Been busy, but still chugging along with the 1150. Started doing test-drives of cars a while back too - just started producing video reviews of them too! Been fun. Good to hear from ya, Griff!

Awesome. Good to see you're staying "in the business". It's a tough business to get into, even tougher to stay in.

My stable has grown a lot. Believe it or not, I just got rid of two steeds last week. I think they mate and birth at night when I'm not out there......
                sigpic

SUZUKI:
                1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Now you just need a Yammy!

I went down a dark path - been restoring a '69 MGB GT!

Awesome. Good to see you're staying "in the business". It's a tough business to get into, even tougher to stay in.

My stable has grown a lot. Believe it or not, I just got rid of two steeds last week. I think they mate and birth at night when I'm not out there......

Comment

Now you just need a Yammy!

Yup, thinking maybe get rid of a couple more GSes, then I can find me a nice original FJ1100/1200 without having to find a divorce lawyer.

Moto-journalism is moto-journalism, be it cycles, cars, or dirigibles. Printed, digital, or video media for that matter, makes no difference. You're pursuing your passion and making a living at it, which is rare for too many people nowadays.
                    sigpic

SUZUKI:

Comment

Having a hell of a great time doing it, too!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Yup, thinking maybe get rid of a couple more GSes, then I can find me a nice original FJ1100/1200 without having to find a divorce lawyer.

Moto-journalism is moto-journalism, be it cycles, cars, or dirigibles. Printed, digital, or video media for that matter, makes no difference. You're pursuing your passion and making a living at it, which is rare for too many people nowadays.

Comment

Having a hell of a great time doing it, too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ssXBrGpeX0
                        While watching the first video, I was listening to Chant of the Ever Circling Skeletal Family off Bowie's Diamond Dogs.

Seemed to somehow fit.
                        sigpic

SUZUKI:

Comment

I will be doing a 1963 MGB after the Skunk is finished.
                          De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

While watching the first video, I was listening to Chant of the Ever Circling Skeletal Family off Bowie's Diamond Dogs.

Seemed to somehow fit.
                            We sure lost a good one with Bowie.

Those were both shot and edited by me - I've since realized I'm biting off more than I can chew and I've hired a cinematographer/editor!

Comment

Originally posted by rustybronco View Post
                              I will be doing a 1963 MGB after the Skunk is finished.
                              Hey! We'll have to compare notes/horror stories. Mine came with a giant pile of parts, so let me know if you need anything.

Comment

UncleMike, good to hear from you.
                                I recall that you were entertaining the thought of resto modding the 1150. Anything come of it?
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X