Pingel, Pingel, who's got a Pingel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pingel, Pingel, who's got a Pingel?

I was wondering if anyone here has run a Pingel, and I know they have, petcock on a stock bike such as a GS1100E or a Katana 1000 and if they noticed any performance increase due to the better fuel delivery. I'm considering this as one of the mods to my two bikes and wanted to see if it's worth the $100.00 per bike or if it's just hype.

pingle

Save your money,I have two dragbikes,one runs 9.90 the other 8.90 with stock petcocks.If my stock 1150 would run 150mph wide open for miles,how would it run out of fuel in a 1/4 mile?

Comment

I doubt there would be any performance gain due to "improved" fuel flow.
      The stock petcocks supplied adequate flow as far as I know.
      I installed a Pingel on my '79 1000E because I like its operation better. I've been happy with it.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

I installed a dual feed one on the turbo bike so I had an easy return fuel port for the progressive pressure feed for the turbo. It does get rid of the vaccuum operated shut off system. I think I have an offset (or non offset... can't remember) mounting plate in my basement still for a pingle valve. If you are searching for one let me know and I'll dig it up.

Comment

Have one on mine, used to have an 1150 (1428 car tire drag bike) with one on it. And when my stock one on my 750 ruptured the vac diaphram in it I decided I wanted one that I could open and close manually.
          Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Originally posted by Guyver View Post
            I was wondering if anyone here has run a Pingel, and I know they have, petcock on a stock bike such as a GS1100E or a Katana 1000 and if they noticed any performance increase due to the better fuel delivery. I'm considering this as one of the mods to my two bikes and wanted to see if it's worth the $100.00 per bike or if it's just hype.
            I didn't know there was any hype.

Comment

If you get into drag racing and install some lectrons you'll need one for sure. The dual feed in nice when you upgrade from stock carbs too.
              1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
              1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
              1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
              1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
              01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

OT. Wayne Pingle came by the shop a couple years ago to get some tech support on a airplane engine upgrade he did. He was kind of a prick.
                82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I run a Pingel. Love it, works perfect, simple, well made. Should last forever, but a properly functioning stock petcock performs just as good. I'd only change the stocker if it needs to be replaced anyway, then the extra dough is easier to justify
                  Currently bikeless
                  '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                  '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I battled for years with the POS OEM petcock on my 1981 GS1000ST. (8 valve) This would be the most useless item that Suzuki ever had the balls to attach to a bike, and everyone I know who owns one has the same problem.

The "Pri" position is just psychological, it's actually inoperative, so I often flattened my battery trying to start the mother, when the bike hadn't been ridden regularly. Last year I bought a new Pingel from Z1 Enterprises, (great company) of course the base plate listed for a GS1000 only fits the earlier tanks with the larger petcock so I had to machine one up from alloy to suit mine, but I can happily report that it was all worthwhile, the bike now starts instantly and runs beautifully.

Pingels motto is "Don't let your petcock be your main jet" (or words to that effect) and I agree entirely. The best 80-odd bucks I've spent in a while. Cheers, Terry.

Comment

I just put a dual outlet Pingel on my RS36 carbed Bandit 1200. It is recommended for use with aftermarket RS Mikuni's; the carbs are even set up with dual fuel line feeds.

The Pingel is a very nice high quality unit, but I would not bother on a bike with stock CV carbs. As a replacement for a faulty stock unit ok, but I do not see any performance increase on a bike with stock carbs.

Good Luck, Ed.
                      1983 GS750ED
                      2005 GSF1200SZ
                      1992 Duc 900SS

Comment

Pingel fuel valves are very nice. As are Golan petcocks.

Pingel fuel valves have one minor problem - the on/off/res lever tends to move very easily - I've heard a few complaints about them accidently getting knocked to the off or reserve position.

Pingel as a company is not the easiest to work with - I tried buying from them, but I was not impressed with their customer service.
                        Last edited by Guest; 11-09-2006, 08:23 PM.

Comment

The lever does move a tad easy. I've found a puddle of gas on the floor from taking off the tank and the lever hitting the frame or whatever.

Comment

Anybody know the part number for the pingle petcock for a 1977 GS750?

Comment

Pingle peeve

I have a pingle on another bike and I think it is a good product. My one peeve of the device is that for regular running the leever is all the way back and to go on reserve it is midway. With gloves on this can be a pain when you are on the road and the engine is slowing. I never have confidence in that I have moved the lever to the correct position on reserve. I always end up sneaking a peek at it while moving which is not a good thing to do. Reserve should be a mechanical feel with the hand with eyes on the road.

Comment

Working...
                              X