Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terry's new "Telcool MK5" Oil Cooler Adapter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terry's new "Telcool MK5" Oil Cooler Adapter!

G'Day Guys, well I got bored and decided to build a new oil cooler adapter for all the 750-1100 engines, the intent was to make an adapter which is easier to install, and more versatile regarding preferred hose routing.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

What do you think? The price is still $75.00 plus $20.00 airmail from Oz to the US/Canada, but it may go up a few bucks soon, as my material costs have more than doubled in the four years that I've been selling these adapters, so my "margins" are getting a little thin, ha ha! Cheers, Terry.

Looking good (as usual), Terry! If I find myself in possession of an oil cooler I'll give you a shout!

Regards,

Comment

So, I can run my oil temp sending unit and the pressure switch off this adapter??? Looks much more compact than your previous offering. NICE WORK, Sir! Will be sending money soon enough. Thought I would have sent it by now, but the best laid plans......](*,)

Looks like using a 'T' fitting in place of the 90* on the back of the adapter would work....would need to find one with the proper thread size for the sending unit, but should not be a big deal!!
      Last edited by Cassius086; 11-18-2006, 11:12 PM.
      Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that!

Comment

No worries Mike, I've already done a fitting for the oil temp sender, I just forgot to put it on for the pics. Cheers, Terry.

Originally posted by Cassius086 View Post
        So, I can run my oil temp sending unit and the pressure switch off this adapter??? Looks much more compact than your previous offering. NICE WORK, Sir! Will be sending money soon enough. Thought I would have sent it by now, but the best laid plans......](*,)

Looks like using a 'T' fitting in place of the 90* on the back of the adapter would work....would need to find one with the proper thread size for the sending unit, but should not be a big deal!!

Comment

Hey Terry, this looks good. The one I got from you, Mk2 I think, is still going strong after a few years on the bike, but the compact design looks more like that skinny little original that some bikes had.

Kim

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Shifty View Post
            Hey Terry, this looks good. The one I got from you, Mk2 I think, is still going strong after a few years on the bike, but the compact design looks more like that skinny little original that some bikes had.

Kim
            Thanks Kim, and yes, the new adapter looks vaguely similar to a well known (but sadly, no longer produced) aftermarket adapter, but I beefed it up with better quality brass (not "pot-metal") big bore fittings and thicker 6061 T6 billet alloy components, as I thought the original was somewhat, flimsy?

I'll be putting a complete "kit" with a used (but re-furbished) cooler, new hoses, clips, bracket etc on Ebay this weekend, look out for it! (my Ebay ID is "Netscrounger") Cheers, Terry.

Comment

A couple of questions

Hey Terry. I am thinking of putting an oil cooler on my `77 GS750. I'm wondering how your adapter effects the oil flow. From where your adapter takes the oil out of the block, does it flow through the cooler first or the filter. Also, is there a place for a sender for an oil pressure gauge on the fitting?

Comment

oil cooler adapter purhase

Originally posted by terry View Post
                G'Day Guys, well I got bored and decided to build a new oil cooler adapter for all the 750-1100 engines, the intent was to make an adapter which is easier to install, and more versatile regarding preferred hose routing.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

What do you think? The price is still $75.00 plus $20.00 airmail from Oz to the US/Canada, but it may go up a few bucks soon, as my material costs have more than doubled in the four years that I've been selling these adapters, so my "margins" are getting a little thin, ha ha! Cheers, Terry.
                hello terry my name is david and live in melbourne australia and l am interested in purchasing your oil cooler adapter for my gs750.could you get back to me with a price.
                regards
                david

Comment

Anyone know if Terry is still around? I'd like to find an adapter for my oil cooler project.
                  -1978 Suzuki GS1000EC
                  DONE!!! Rebuild thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=155564
                  -2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Comment

Originally posted by IanC View Post
                    Anyone know if Terry is still around? I'd like to find an adapter for my oil cooler project.
                    ask GregB I think he might have a few floating around

Comment

Hi,

Terry hasn't posted for quite a while. In fact, it seems his account has been deactivated or deleted. I don't know if he's re-joined under another user name.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Alas!!!

Well, if Terry is indeed inactive, I'll do my best to re-create the adapter.. If he still has the diagram / walkthru up, I'll look over it. As soon as I have a working model I'll post here, I was very interested in ordering two for myself, but it seems I'm out of luck. I just didn't want to do the legwork >_<

Ah well! I'll review whatever I can find, and I'll try to whip up my own in the coming weeks... Wherever Mr. Terry is, I hope he's doing well...

Comment

Hi,

A member "Nessism" has also machined a few adapters. I seem to recall he even put the drawings in the forum somewhere so that others could make them.

Oops! Oh look what I found on some guy's website.

Oil Cooler Adapter Tutorial
                          (by Mr. Nessism)

BassCliff
                          Last edited by Guest; 02-15-2013, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
                            Hi,

A member "Nessism" has also machined a few adapters. I seem to recall he even put the drawings in the forum somewhere so that others could make them.

Oops! Oh look what I found on some guy's website.

Oil Cooler Adapter Tutorial
                            (by Mr. Nessism)

BassCliff

Lol, indeed - I was actually searching for the details on how to make em myself when I found him last night =] I'll buy my first one (so I have one that works) before I try to ruin one myself!

Comment

Originally posted by terry View Post

"Hey Terry, will this fit a 1982 GS 650L? If so, do you have installation instructions?

Thanks,
                              George"

Comment

Working...
                              X