Opinions on www.cheapcycleparts.com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on www.cheapcycleparts.com?

I'm getting ready to pull and clean the carbs on my bike (see details at http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=106286) and I've read all over this forum that I'll probably want/need to replace all the rubber associated with the carbs. To that end I've surfed a bit looking for possible OEM suppliers for those parts. I've just happened upon CheapCycleParts.com and found pretty much everything that I would need on the following link:

I have a few questions:
    a) Does anyone have any experience with this site? I've searched for it on this forum and got zero hits.
    b) If you do know the site, what's your opinion of it?
    c) Is there any reason that I shouldn't go with OEM parts for this?

As always, thanks for all your help. I could probably do this alone, but it would definitely take more time and money while I made ALL the mistakes on my own before learning what you folks already know.
    Last edited by Guest; 04-07-2007, 01:30 PM.

PS: One more question: Is there a better supplier out there? (FYI: I'm aware of BikeBandit.com, cycleorings.com).

Comment

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

Comment

Any other thoughts?

Originally posted by MelodicMetalGod View Post
        I'm getting ready to pull and clean the carbs on my bike (see details at http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=106286) and I've read all over this forum that I'll probably want/need to replace all the rubber associated with the carbs. To that end I've surfed a bit looking for possible OEM suppliers for those parts. I've just happened upon CheapCycleParts.com and found pretty much everything that I would need on the following link:

I have a few questions:
        a) Does anyone have any experience with this site? I've searched for it on this forum and got zero hits.
        b) If you do know the site, what's your opinion of it?
        c) Is there any reason that I shouldn't go with OEM parts for this?

As always, thanks for all your help. I could probably do this alone, but it would definitely take more time and money while I made ALL the mistakes on my own before learning what you folks already know.
        Any other thoughts...anyone?

Comment

They look very similar to BB, both in their schematics and their prices.
          I see no reason not to go with OEM parts. JMO.

Comment

I've had great luck with flatoutmotorcycles.com and most of their prices are cheaper than bike bandit.

Comment

I wouldn't order from Cheap Cycle Parts. Their shipping costs are too high.

Comment

Originally posted by Boondocks View Post
                I wouldn't order from Cheap Cycle Parts. Their shipping costs are too high.
                How do you figure? Have you purchased from them?

Comment

:-D It doesn't sound like too many people have used Cheapcycleparts. Or at least you haven't gotten much feedback on them.

A number of people, including myself have found good prices, and good results with Flatoutmotorcycles.com. I just compared a few prices between the two outfits, and they're fairly close, but Flatout usually is lower. My shipping costs with flatout have run between $6 and $14 per order.

I usually place an order with them every month or two. I purchased some larger items in the past, but I'm getting ready to order a couple of small things now. Some throttle stop screws and nuts, and some banjo bolts. Last month it was side cover grommets, cam cover cap screws, and a battery drain tube. I wish I could remember to get everything at once. Oh well.

I just realized, I'm building a new GS, one part at a time!
                  Last edited by Guest; 04-12-2007, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Dennis Kirk has been the leader in Powersports aftermarket parts and accessories since 1969. Over 160,000 unique items in stock & ready to ship today.

Find OEM motorcycle and ATV parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha, and Polaris.

Honda Suzuki Kawasaki Yamaha OEM motorcycle atv and side by side parts with a full line of aftermarket accessories.

Domain for Sale. mawonline.com. Request Price. What Are the Advantages of a Super Premium .Com Domain? Increased Traffic. Search Engine Ranking. Brand Recognition. Immediate Presence. Higher Profits. Great Investment. #1 in Premium Domains. 300,000 of the World's Best .Com Domains.

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by MelodicMetalGod View Post
                      How do you figure? Have you purchased from them?
                      No, but I put an order in their basket for 16 #11151-45000 rubber pads, the little ones that fit between the cylinder head fins. The only shipping option was UPS ground, between $15 & $16. I cancelled the order before entering my card after learning of the excessive shipping cost. My local Suzuki shop charges more for the pads, but would still be a total of $9 less than the Cheap Cycle Parts cost + shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by Boondocks View Post
                        No, but I put an order in their basket for 16 #11151-45000 rubber pads, the little ones that fit between the cylinder head fins. The only shipping option was UPS ground, between $15 & $16. I cancelled the order before entering my card after learning of the excessive shipping cost. My local Suzuki shop charges more for the pads, but would still be a total of $9 less than the Cheap Cycle Parts cost + shipping.
                        Gotcha. I'll keep that in mind once I determine what parts I'll need. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X