Seat starting to come apart at stiching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat starting to come apart at stiching

I had replaced my seat with the seat that was on my parts bike which was in mint condition when I put it on. But from riding and using the bike the stiching on the top of the seat is starting to split. This is on my 78 gs550. Are there any tricks to stop it from coming apart any further? I will try to post pics later.

My seat was splitting in two places, each about 3 inches long. I got some black thread and an upholstery needle and sewed it up. Has lasted 3 seasons so far. A professional, or even someone with a better grasp on sewing could probably make it look a little better than I did, but it is a 100% improvement over that yellow foam peeking out.

You could also try a vinyl repair kit, but those take some skill too to make it look nice

Comment

Seat repair

Had just about the same problem on my GS1000, check out www.coolretrobikes.com they fixed it.
      1980 GS1000E

Comment

I have had some excellent success with an inexpensive product called Tear Mender. You can find this at most hardware stores and it works very well.

Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
        X